This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Everyone loves the summer days on the beach, with your friends and no worries, but now that summer is over it’s time to pack away your flip-flops and bathing suits and bring out your sweaters and boots. Fall is finally here ladies! And because fall is the SHORTEST season here are 10 things that are a MUST before winter is here.

1) Have a Movie Night

We can all agree, there’s nothing better than cuddling up with your bffs and watching a scary movie or even a romcom. Bring out the fuzzy blankets, popcorn, ice cream and fuzzy socks, and enjoy a cozy night in.

2) Visit a Pumpkin Patch

Its cliché but is it really fall if you don’t go to a pumpkin patch? Grab some friends or family and go enjoy a nice, crisp day picking pumpkins to carve or bake. Most pumpkin patches offer different things too! Such as corn mazes, sunflower fields, or homemade food to get! A pumpkin patch is the PERFECT opportunity for a nice photo shoot.

3) Enjoy Pumpkin Spice & Apple Cider

Some people prefer one over the other, and some enjoy both equally. Whatever kind of person you are, you know you CANNOT miss out on the chance to have this. Whether you get your daily dose from iced coffee, candles, ice cream or baked goods, you NEED it. 

4) Go to a Scary Attraction

Everyone loves a haunted house or attraction. What better way to hang out with friends or have a date night than clinging onto someone else’s arm while you PAY for someone to scare you?

5) Fall Cleaning & New Looks

Make some YOU time! Find a day, put on music and change your room and closet around. Put away your flip flops, tanks and shorts and hang-up your big sweaters. Want to go get your hair or nails done? Or to decorate your room? Fall is the perfect chance!

6) Go Shopping 

Treat yourself and spend some time updating your wardrobe. Do you need some new boots or new jeans and sweaters? Go to the mall and enjoy a day treating yourself (even if it’s hurting your bank account). 

7) Have a Photoshoot

Fall calls for cute outfits. Any occasion can lead to a cute photoshoot alone or with friends. You don’t have to worry about backgrounds or lighting, mother nature will take care of it.

8) Baking 

You don’t need to be a professional, but it’s always nice to warm and smell up the kitchen with some homemade treats. Bake some cookies or pie with your friends, family, or alone. You can never go wrong when there’s desserts involved.

9) Long Drives & Fall Walks 

Gather your friends, make a playlist, get in the car and go find nice country roads to drive around with the windows down. Or put on an oversized sweatshirt and find a trail or park and take a nice walk. Enjoy the air and the scenery. 

10) Relax & Rejuvenate

The transition from summer to fall can be stressful for some people. School or work starts, and you have responsibilities and worries that you didn’t have in the summer. Take time to relax and take care of yourself. Look outside as the weather changes and enjoy the small things.

Rebecca Connor

Scranton '22

University of Scranton Freshman
Gabriella Basile was CC and President of Her Campus Scranton during the 2018-2019 academic school year.