This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Finals week is terrible to endure, especially with all the stress. Nothing is more important than finishing all your work as well as studying for multiple exams. But soon the hard work will pay off. Check out these five tips for destressing after finals!

1. Sleep

Finals week consists of many all nighters to get all the work done. By the end of it, you just want to sleep for days. Sleep is the most important thing to do after finals end. Finally, there is no more work to do which means you can sleep for as long as your body needs.

2. Eat a Good Dinner

Besides sleeping, eating is the next important activity to do after finals. Usually everyone does not eat enough during this week mainly because it takes up too much time or you are simply too busy to sit down and have a proper meal. So after you have that awesome nap, eat a big healthy dinner.

3. See Family and Friends

Take this time off to see your family and friends. They miss you as much as you miss them! Trust me they want to hear about your school and how you are doing.

4. Relax

Since you are on winter break, do the things you love- like reading, watching a movie, making some art, going to a museum, having a job. Something you like to do that allows you to relax and enjoy having free time.

5. Treat yourself

Treating yourself is different from relaxing. As a student, you worked very hard for a couple months straight. Now is the time to treat yourself a little. Ideas include getting a manicure or pedicure, do a little shopping, or get your hair done. It is the little things that will make you feel rewarded.

These steps are important to achieve the right amount of time to regroup after the first semester of the school year. Each one will help you to reorganize your life and help figure out a good game plan for winter break. Good luck everyone!

Savannah College of Art and Design Her Campus intern with SCAD Fashion Marketing