Campus Cutie: Straight A’s Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

One of the most attractive qualities found in a significant other is intelligence. Since this week is all about love, and all of that sappy stuff, I wanted to focus on something SCAD students know to be a struggle at the moment: midterms and finals.  

As always, midterms have gotten the best of me. Being in 3 major classes (2 of them being my hardest) has definitely taken a toll on my social life/free time.I have some tips on how to make it through midterms, without having a nervous breakdown.  

1. Manage your time:  Time management is one of the hardest things about college. You think you can finish an assignment in under 3 hours, but end up pulling an all-nighter the day before it’s due. Planners are a lifesaver. Write down all of your assignments, and schedule certain days/times to work on projects, and you should be good to go.  

2. Take Breaks: No one works well under pressure. Especially when they’ve been looking at the same assignment for hours. Schedule short breaks every so often to give your brain a rest. This will ensure you’re completing the best work possible.

3. Coffee: If all else fails, and you don’t follow the steps above, drink tons of coffee. I’m no doctor, but if I have too much work due on the same day, I drink tons and tons of coffee to stay alert, focused, and on top of my work (you probably shouldn’t do what I do).

Hello! My name is Angela Kastrunes. I am a senior Fashion Marketing and Management student at SCAD. I am the founder/CC for Her Campus-SCAD. Our chapter has grown so much over the past 3 years. I'm excited to say we have expanded to the Atlanta campus, and now have over 20 members combined. It's very bittersweet to realize this is my last year, working as a CC for HC. After graduation I hope to either work in social media management, PR for a fashion brand/music label, or as an editor of a fashion magazine (or Her Campus Nationals).