free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Hannah Nordgrin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

For this week’s Campus Celebrity, I decided to write about Hannah Nordgrin. In light of the end of winter quarter and the beginning of internship hunting season I thought she would be a really good example for finding and landing that dream internship. Hannah is a dedicated fashion student who is avidly following her dream of working the fashion industry among the world’s most famous designers. Focusing on eveningwear, Hannah’ s dream is to work for Jenny Packham.  She’s one of the hardest working people I know. She is also very accomplished. Within her 3 years at SCAD she has already held internships with really impressive brands, like John Varvatos.

HC: Why do you want to work in fashion?

H: Ever since I was in 4th grade I’ve just had a passion for design. It’s what I’ve always wanted to do.

HC: Whom have you interned for?

H: John Varvatos, Leota made in New York, Milly, and Ellie Tahari

HC: How do you find   these internships?

H: I just contacted a few of the people that I had connections with from other internships. I also responded to a few online postings.

HC: Do you have any advise for interviews?

H: Make sure you know as much about the company as you can. Also, know your resume and be well prepared. If it’s a Skype or phone interview have your resume and notes about the company in front of you.

HC: When you land these jobs, how do you handle living and working in NY on your own?

H: Honestly, You just have to do it. You’re going to have to be out of your comfort zone and be open to trying new things

HC: Which internship was your favorite?

H: John Varvatos, because I felt like I gained the most from it. It was really hands on and I got to sit in on meetings and actually help design the collection that they were working on.

HC: What was the most valuable thing you learned during you internships?

H: I gained so many connections, and I learned how much they help! I also learned how small the industry is and how important it is to keep your good name.

HC: Do you have any other advice about landing or having an internship?

H: Enjoy it! Learn as much as you can, because you will be out there in the real world before you know it. It just hit me that college is almost over and its about time to get a real job.