Black Girls Who Rock at SCAD Atlanta: Meet Élan Boynes-Page

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

This is Elan. She is a friend, teammate, and classmate with me here at SCAD Atlanta. Today we sat down to talk about her and her journey and why she’s a Black girl who rocks.

When did you first become interested in Graphic Design?

“I’ve always been interested in art as a whole, but it wasn’t until my junior year of high school that I fell in love with graphic design specifically. I took a web design and a graphic design class and it completely changed my views on art.”

What are some of your current projects that you’re working on?

“I’ve been doing package design work lately which is a bit out of my comfort zone because its hands on but I’m starting to love it.”

Where does your inspiration come from?

“I draw inspiration from things like music and pop culture! Things that interest me along with what I know attract others.”

Where do you see yourself after graduating from SCAD?

“I see myself working for a record company after I graduate! Music is a major inspiration for me and is a major part of my life. I’d love to work as an inhouse designer for a record company doing cover art.”

If there’s one thing you could be remembered for, what would it be?

“I’d like to be remembered for the kid that never thought she was good enough but continued to push and push until she was successful.”

___________________________________________

Follow her socials!

@_graphic_content

@_graphic_content_

www.graphiccontent.design

My name is Daniela. I am an Alumna of at SCAD Atlanta. An interesting fact about me is that I have three citizenships: American, British, Canadian.
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World