Black Girls Who Rock at SCAD Atlanta: Meet Isabella Moore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD ATL chapter.

When did you first become interested in fashion design?

“I first became interested in fashion design when I was very young, around the ages 6-8. I loved to play with my Barbie dolls and basically dress them up in all kinds of cute clothes”

What are some of your current projects that you’re working on?

“I don’t really have any current projects really besides the ones I’m working on at SCAD, but I’m always trying new things. For example, over the summer I plan to really enhance my sewing skills and push myself to create more looks.”

What inspired you to choose fashion design as your career path?

“I would say what inspired me to create is the feeling that comes along with creating. Being able to create a design that I came up with in my head and seeing the end product is what inspires me the most”

Where do you see yourself after graduating from SCAD?

“After I graduate from SCAD, I plan to first work for a company to gain some hands on experience. But eventually I plan to start my own successful fashion design business.”

If it’s one thing you could be remembered for, what would it be?

“If I could be remembered for one thing in life, it would be being a triple threat. I want to be well rounded not just in fashion but in other aspects such as hair and makeup. I also want to be remembered for my sense of style and not conforming to the norm.”

Hello, my name is Genevieve Odukomaiya and I'm a fashion design major here at SCAD with a minor in business entrepreneurship. I'm from Tampa, Florida and being a naturally introverted person, I'm glad that I have a platform like Her campus to voice my opinions, thoughts, and ideas!
High-spirited fashion designer with sound knowledge about the management and promotional aspects of the industry. My inquisitive nature enables me to discover efficient ways of streamlining marketing approaches to reach target audience. The process of translating various topics into a collection of garments after intensive research and visual development, makes me feel empowered because it is a unique medium of self-expression. However, I am fully aware of the importance of marketing a product in order to gain the best results which makes me equally passionate about both the aspects of Fashion World