This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Okay so here are the details, Netflix has put out a bunch of hot new shows. From seriously traumatic up shows like Jeffrey Dahmer to Mr. Sandman “bring me a dream.” Oh! And I can not forget Morbius, a bit surprised when I first saw it was streaming on Netflix instead of on a bootleg platform. With that said, Netflix wasted no time and spared no soul… yet again! 

Now, you must all be wondering where I am going with this. I mean we all know Netflix is one of the best streaming platforms and always keeps its audience on their toes with amazing entertainment.

Well, if you would all be so patient I would tell you what my point is. Among the amazing new series that are out right now, one that has captured my attention along with thousands of others is the series Partner Track. 

This lovely new series is based on the novel by Taiwanese- American author Helen Wan with the main character being our one and only beautiful Arden Cho. 

Before I continue my growing love for Partner Track, I NEED to make sure all my audiences out there know who Arden Cho is. 

Well if you don’t I guess that is okay. Somewhat. She is a Korean-American actress who starred in the supernatural teen drama series Teen Wolf as Kirah Yukimura. She has also appeared in Tomb Raider and Chicago Meds. 

Anyhow, back to my excitement because THAT’S RIGHT BABY! Arden Cho will be taking us on her journey as Ingrid Yun. 

I have only watched the first six episodes (10-episode series), but I am already seeing five stars. 

First off, you have got to love a good show that tackles discrimination in the work field, more specifically law firms (ew), and displays just how unethical they are. I mean I have many more episodes to go, but already Partner Track is giving us cocky racist, and ignorant coworkers who need to be put in their place. 

By cocky coworkers, I mean Dan Fallon. A White man who is shown to have privileges beyond anyone’s means and still manages to complain about his “disadvantages” to a person of color who is also a part of the LGBTQ+ community and at that moment is struggling to keep his job. Dan complaining is far from what makes him both cocky and racist. I just finished episode five and I am here to tell you, that man has got to go. He violated on so many levels, from racist to sexist remarks. Not to mention Dan is a thief who doesn’t get caught. For you to know Dan Fallon, you will have to watch the show, and please for the love of the universe bring some popcorn and a stress ball. Maybe include a teddy bear you wouldn’t mind ripping the head off of it. 

The show has so far done a good job at depicting a fierce LGBTQ+ character, Tyler Robinson, who balances a healthy and romantic relationship (also very much cute) and his job. Although at one point his job was in jeopardy, he still put up a fight. The way Tyler fights is very much dirty (but honest and nothing like Dan). As the show carries on, Tyler fights more battles and in my opinion wins, as he is honest and true to his identity. He doesn’t take any B.S from anyone, I, for one, am taking notes. 

I must mention how much I love Tyler’s attitude. Although he is portrayed as the typical gay and therefore fashionable, it doesn’t come off negative. I mean despite that, his character is just so refreshing and energizing. I love him and he is honestly one of the characters that have captured my attention. 

They also give us fierce women who are in a male-dominated work environment and have to compete to stay afloat. We have both Ingrid Yun and her partner in crime (besides Tyler) Rachel Friedman. 

Rachel is definitely feisty in the way she handles herself, but what I notice and like most is that she is willing to change herself for the better. I know some of you most likely have not watched the show, but to give you more detail about why you should, she is the symbol of character development. She takes on a case that ends with her realizing she needs to make a change in her life, now more than ever due to her age and not having a steady foot in her career. I may not be near 30 like she is, but at the age of 20, I do feel like I need to figure things out. 

Let me tell you, I could never, but Ingrid definitely grips the bull by its b*lls and rusty old horn and does what she has to do. There is none of that stereotypical woman who sleeps around crap. No, no, we are shown this strong and cultural woman who does not and will not stop at anything to reach her goal. Yes, she faces the dilemma of choosing her job over her friends (referring to Tyler), but it portrays the reality of how communities are always pinned against each other.

On top of that, she is battling a love life. While she is currently in an adorable relationship, a piece of her heart is in another man’s hand. There is still a long way to go to see where her heart lands. 

Not only has Partner Track added to the growing, but still few entertainments where people of color are cast in the forefront and not just as side pieces like Bonnie Bennett from Vampire Diaries; but they are doing a decent job at representing them. I mean we don’t see a lot of series with Black and Asian actors being the main characters, most importantly who are women of color or part of the LGBTQ+ community. So, Partner Track is on the right track of turning the tables and representing the communities. 

In reality, Partner Track goes so much deeper in reflecting reality in its series. If this article didn’t convince you to give the show a shot than maybe you can try reading the original storyline. You can even check out other reviews published by sites like Vox and Entertainment Weekly. Or simply, give it a chance and go press play on Netflix.

Hello, sunflower! Alicia Maxwell, meaning noble which she tries to live up to! Currently is a senior writer for the Her Campus SBU Chapter, soon to graduate with her Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. Being an English Lit, she loves to explore and write a range of topics. She doesn’t believe one should limit their skills or knowledge. However, her favored topics are investigative work (i.e., handling our insecurities and housing crisis). Alongside writing for Her Campus, she recently interned abroad in Ireland for STELLARS magazine. For her, it was an experience and an eye-opener. She had the chance to explore a different side of writing (culturally as well). The one article that stuck with Alicia the most was “Eight Gorgeous Irish Markets To Visit This Summer.” Alicia loves markets! Having the chance to explore a few in another country was a dream come true. Before that year, Alicia also served on the college newspaper as a feature writer. The BonaVenture (what a creative name), published articles she conducted on the campus community. Her favorite piece has to be “Campus Community Reacts To The Death Of Tyre Nichols.” It was also her very first article written for the newspaper. Last, but never not least, she had interned for her college archives performing research on a past Bonna Student, Roi Ottley. Her work was combined onto the college archive's website to update what information they had on him. Aside from her work as a writer and student, she enjoys taking walks with her head in the clouds seeing the world from another perspective. She also loves browsing Netflix, critiquing and analyzing the artwork.