bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Do you want to get fit before the holidays or just to look like a better version of you? Well, here are some tips and workouts that will make you sweat whether you’re in a gym, dorm, apartment, a park or elsewhere. I know how hard it is to lose the unwanted or extra weight we can build up as women. However, you can use some of these tips to get fitter even quicker:

1) Cutting down on sugary and fattening foods and drinks.

A lot of people believe that to lose weight ASAP they must cut out all the usual things they eat. While, this can potentially help you lose weight by not consuming these products, it can also cause you to gain weight and become cranky. This occurs when your body craves these delicious unhealthy things you’ve been consuming and when you don’t have them, and they are around you, it can cause you to break this “diet” by munching on all these snacks. I eat whatever I want, but with moderation. Also, I try to stay away from fast food every now and then to save me money and calories.

2) Toning your lower stomach.

Lay on your back, raise your legs off the ground and bend your knees until they are bent at a 90-degree angle. Once, you’re in that position start moving your torso up as if you’re doing a sit up but instead of coming all the way up go about half way to about ¾ of the way up and make sure your legs are still in that position. Do this at least 20 times and repeat three to four times.

3) Planks will be your best friend.

Lay on your stomach and set your timer for a minute. Before the timer starts push up on your forearms and hold yourself up. With one hand start your timer and go back to holding yourself up with both forearms keeping your back straight, butt down and core tight. Repeat four times for a minute with a 30 second rest in between.

4) Always stay hydrated!

Water is key to staying fit. It keeps you hydrated longer and allows all the moisture you lost from sweating to be retained.

REMINDER: Never forget you are beautiful and should change for yourself and no one else.

Just a marketing major that stepped out of NYC to continue her passion for Rugby and extending her education. A fun-loving, fashionista, activist in the middle of nowhere just expressing herself.
As an honors student of St. Bonaventure University, it is my objective to pursue a career that will complement my passion for working with people, my dedication to exceeding goals, and my motivation to innovate. The industries that I hope to make a difference in are fashion, media, and business.