This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Emma Chamberlain is a pretty known name to society, at least in today’s society, that is very active on social media. In case you are not aware, Emma Chamberlain is a 20-year-old internet star from California. She is most well known for YouTube where she posted various types of videos from thrift hauls, mukbangs, and collabs with the Dolan Twins, basically, something for everyone to enjoy. Just nearly two months after starting to post she had received a massive following. Unfortunately, just recently she quit. 

Besides YouTube, Emma does a variety of other things from having her own coffee line, Chamberlain Coffee, being a model for Louis Vuitton, or my favorite and quite literally the purpose of my article her podcast, “Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlin ”. 

This podcast started on Feb. 14, 2020 and continues today with weekly posts made right from the comfort of her own bed which also helps create a sense of comfort. I was never into Emma Chamberlin that much on YouTube so I was not too confident in how I would feel about it at first, but my friends were big fans, so I figured I would give it a go. I did not start getting into it until moving to college. I started off very homesick and never liked to let my mind have a chance to think about home, so I took my spare time and walked around campus while listening to this podcast. 

Immediately I was sucked in. I found myself starting from the beginning, listening constanley. It wasn’t necessarily that her topics varied so much from things such as relationships, burnout, pet peeves, dealing with adults and even simple things like cheerleading, even though that was a tremendous bonus.

It was Emma as a person that got me to like it so much. Listening to her makes you feel like you have a friend in the simplest way possible. It is like she is right there sitting in front of me talking to me and giving me advice. She allows her listeners to feel understood, like every feeling being felt is okay, and sometimes that really all a person needs is getting more out of their lives. She even allows her listeners to call and leave a voicemail where she takes time at the end of the podcast to answer. I’m just clicking the play button on Spotify, and the next thing I know I am hanging with a friend. 

This show has now become one of my favorite podcasts and favorite individuals with a social platform to follow. Every topic she presents hits home in some ways and allows me to open my eyes to new ideas/ perspectives. She uses her platform to discuss not only things that she likes/dislikes but also her own life experiences. She has broad topics that a lot of people can create connections within their own personal lives. Many people with a following do not use it as a place to truly be themselves, which I believe is what attracts people to Emma, she creates a sense of relatableness. 

To sum it up in the simplest way possible I love Emma Chamberlain as a person and how she uses her platform. I 10/10 recommend giving it a listen. I can promise you it’s just like having a bestie.

Cassidy is a social media executive for Her Campus at St. Bonaventure University. She loves to use her creative outlet to advance her university's chapter. She has been writing for Her Campus for three years. Cassidy is a third-year student studying psychology with a minor in women's studies. Beyond Her Campus, she is involved in other extracurriculars such as L.I.F.T., Active Minds, and volunteering in the food pantry. She is the president of SBU for Equality. You may find her working in the admissions building as a student ambassador. She is an avid Pinterest user and will bring up how it is the best social media to exist. Her love for music keeps her going, nothing Taylor Swift can't help her with.