Celebrate Single: 9 Things to do on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

The week of Valentine’s Day is here. We may love it or hate it, but either way I have some tips. This one is for the single girls out there that still want to celebrate. So, I interviewed one of my single friends asking for what to do on Valentine’s Day and she gave us nine things to make your V-Day a little better.

1. Celebrate GALentine’s day with all of your girlfriends! It’s a great way to bond with your friends while avoiding the mushy relationship aspect of Valentine’s Day.

2. Go out and buy yourself chocolate (or any other candy you like). Be an independent woman and go buy yourself that chocolate.

3. Treat yourself and go get a manicure/pedicure. Nothing is better than having your nails freshly done – it’s a great way to feel good about yourself.

4. Self-care! Do a face mask…or 12. A fun relaxing way to get glowing skin.

5. Watch a funny Valentine’s Day movie. Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon will definitely have one of your liking.

6. Just hang out with your girls. Talk, play games, everything under the sun possible to make sure you have the best V-Day ever.

7. Ball out at your favorite store. For all of us at Bonaventure – Marshall’s! Go out and buy that dress you’ve wanted and everything else you can find but don’t need.

8. This one goes hand-in-hand with buying yourself chocolate. Buy flowers for yourself, and if you’re feeling nice, buy some for your friends, too. Even after Valentine’s Day they add a little something to your room.

9. Last but not least, a crowd favorite: Wine night. You can eat the chocolates you just bought yourself, watch movies, do a face mask and anything else. It’s a nice way to end your V-Day, relaxing with your best friends.

Article by: Rylee Stantz

Buffalo native, creative by nature.