This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Super Bowl Sunday is coming up fast, which means a bunch of friends (and many sweaty guys) will be crowded around the TV, probably making bets on their favorite team.

Even if you’re not a big football enthusiast, you should definitely be a fan of the food! The best part about a Super Bowl party is pigging out.

So, this Super Bowl, let’s skip the greasy pizza, fries and chicken wings and enjoy some simple, homemade dip recipes that will fill your appetite as well as your guests’!

Baked Taco Dip:

Everybody loves dip–and tacos!

Ingredients (Feeds 8-10 people):

·  One package of cream cheese

·  One bag of shredded taco-cheese

·  One can of chili (turkey or beef)

Instructions:

·  Let cream cheese sit out for about an hour.

·  When the cream cheese is soft, spread it on the bottom of a deep stoneware dish.  

·  On top of the cream cheese, spread the whole can of chili.

·  Top with a layer of taco cheese.

·  Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the layer of cheese is melted.

·  When finished baking, let the dish sit for 10 minutes.

·  Serve with tortilla chips.

Tips:

·  For a vegetarian-friendly dish, substitute a bean chili for the meat chili.

·  Top with olives, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

Cannoli Dip (via Littlethings.com):

Every Super Bowl party needs a dessert!

Ingredients (Serves 10 people):

·  Two cups of ricotta cheese

·  One cup of powdered sugar

·  One teaspoon of vanilla extract

·  One cup of heavy whipping cream

·  One cup of mini chocolate chips             

Instructions:

·      Mix ricotta cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl.

·      In a separate mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until it has a creamy consistency.

·      Combine the two mixtures by gently, folding the whipped cream into the ricotta mixture.

·      Add the mini chocolate chips.

·      Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

·      Serve with cookies or ice cream cones.

Tips:

·  Top with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.

·  Sprinkle cinnamon for spice! 

Journalism & Mass Communication major with a minor Women's Studies. Loves football, dogs, coffee and avocados.  Twitter & Instagram: haley_schrenk   
A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.