Wellness

Empowering Self-Care: Nurturing Your Mind, Body, and Soul

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

By Alana Respicio

We live in a time where taking time for yourself is perfectly normal. Sometimes, we can get caught up in our lives to the point we don’t take care of ourselves. We need to take the time to stop and breathe! We have to make sure we take care of our mental and physical health as we continue this journey called life. As a woman, self-care dates are a great way to spend time with your inner self. Some simple ways to spend time with yourself without spending money would be going to the beach, dancing, meditating, reading a book, watching a tv show, or even just exploring your surroundings. Now, if you want to spend a little money these are some ways to do it: try a new restaurant, go get your hair and nails done, go to the movies, or go buy you some new clothes. You can choose how you want to spend your time and when you should. If you need that vacation time then go ahead and go see the world. If that means putting your phone on do not disturb for the whole weekend do that. If that means taking the day to do a full day spa for yourself do it. It can be as little as buying flowers or as big as trying out the country. These are just examples of ways to help you refocus, decompress, and help you reconnect with your inner self as well as learning new things you might enjoy. There are so many other things you can do other than what is listed. As long as it can help you relax and recharge then you go ahead and do it for yourself. This is the beginning of Women’s History Month so go ahead and practice your self-care today!

Alana Respicio

Savannah '26

Hello everyone! My name is Alana and I study at Savannah State University. I am currently a social worker major. One thing I love to write and talk about is mental and physical health. I’m all for bettering others including myself. Also, I love romantic things in general and I love the nature and just be outside. I’m a Taurus so if I’m not working I’m eating.