ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Ways to Relieve Your Stress During Finals Weeks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

1. Float 

Something that I have been looking into is something called Float. These are Sensory Deprivation tanks, they are filled with ten inches of water and 1,000 pounds of Epsom Salt. Awesomely enough we have one just across the river called Float Quad Cities they are currently having a sale right now for the holidays. Typically one 60 min. float is $49 dollars well right now they have a sale for two for $89. This is a great deal. I think this is a great thing to do, it helps with many things, stress and anxiety happen to be one of them. It also will help with sore muscles. 

2. Take a break

Go do something fun with your roommates. Things you could do? Go see a movie (I suggest Frozen 2, we get a discount as students so go enjoy some Frozen), go out to a restaurant for an hour and just have some fun. Maybe go to a local park and walk around enjoy the sights.  

3. Meditate

Meditation is shown to bring relief to stress, it will also help you become more in-tune with yourself and help with focus. So that when you finally go back to your papers you will be more focused and ready to get back into the paper. 

4. Make time to spend with your friends

Laughing has shown to make people happier and in that being with people you enjoy does that as well. It is finals so it can be stressful but just think about the things you could do if you were to take some time for yourself. 

5. Music

Music distresses me, currently, I am taking a break from research for a paper due tomorrow, I am writing this while listening to one of my favorite playlists for this type of thing. Ironically, it is from a book playlist from Wattpad. It has 34 songs, very soothing songs. It is called the Sun Child Playlist. 

In turn, I hope these can help, I hope you have a great two weeks of finals. A quote from the new Frozen 2 movie, from the song Into the Unknown, “Every day’s a little harder as I feel my power grow, don’t you know there’s part of me that longs to go, into the unknown? Into the unknown, into the unknown” 

float, break, meditate, 4. via SAU HerCampus, music, lyrics

Hello! My name is Ashley Ploog! I am a Senior here at Saint Ambrose University! I am in the Bachelors of Social Work program here. Some of my hobbies include working on my books, reading, singing, designing clothing sets on shoplook, and spending time with my goddaughter. I love reading articles and I am so excited to start writing them again!
Her Campus at SAU