This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

I am currently a college student who had to stay on campus to work over winter break, because of this I haven’t seen my mom since Thanksgiving. I am an only child and have always been close to my mom but I never thought being away from her for about 4 months would impact me as much as it has.

With the stress of college sometimes all you need is a mom hug or some mom advice. If you are able to see your mom on a regular basis, make sure you tell her you love her and you appreciate her. Especially with-it being women’s history month, this month is a perfect time to show her your appreciation. I miss my mom so much and will be taking advantage of every moment over the next week because I will not be home again until Easter.

Kayla Devine is a social media exec board member and helps run the TikTok page at HC @ SAU. Beyond HC, Kayla is involved in campus clubs like SAAT and Enactus. She also works at a bowling alley. Kayla is majoring in business management and marketing, with minors in communications and art history. In her free time, Kayla likes to bowl and cook. A fun fact about Kayla is that she is an only child.