Veronica with HC Banner
Veronica with HC Banner
Original photo by Maddie Piper
Career > Work

Student Teaching Finally Placed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Okay so BIG News!!! About a week ago I got my student teaching placements and I am beyond excited. I am familiar with both schools and classrooms that I will be in as I have been in them before. Being an ECE major means we get a split placement. We get to choose two of the three categories: Infants(0-3yrs), 3-5 years and 6-8 years old. I picked to be with 3-5 and 6-8.

My first placement is in a 3rd Grade Class in Davenport which has me a bit nervous but I am ready to dive right in. I don’t have much experience in third grade rooms but I am right to jump in and give it a go because I love teaching and working with kids. This class also does something interesting as the third grade rooms switch for a few classes to help prepare them for middle school. 

My second placement is in a Preschool in Davenport and I am so excited. They also use visual phonics which is something I enjoy seeing. I also love the view of their outside play space because it has a big hill but more importantly to see many forms of transportation. They have a road that cars, trucks and semis drive on. There is also a bridge which is a railroad that trains use and a body of water that boats use often. 

Overall I am so ready to step off and onto this new journey and can’t wait to keep you updated. The student is now becoming the teacher, well student teacher. I’d like to introduce you to Miss V.

Veronica A(V) is the Campus Correspondent at HC @ SAU. She oversees the entire chapter including editorial, events, social media, etc. Beyond HC, V is involved on campus. She is the President of DAPi. She is the Social Media Director for SAAT, and a Sexual Assault Advocate. Veronica is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. She is currently student teaching!!! In her freetime, V plays the flute and other instruments and can sing. She used to play and coach softball. Veronica was born in Florida but now lives in Illinois. She also has 2 cats at home. She was the D.E.I. Ambassador for 2 years.