This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

As we all know, finals season is right around the corner and it always seems that we get the most amount of projects that need to be done and turned in around this time. On top of the pandemic stress and COVID rising again, we have to try and do our very best to care for our mental health as finals season is approaching. Below I will list some tips I have to help de-stress as much as we can during this time.

Plan Ahead

First thing, first. Make sure to plan ahead. Having a game plan helps keep your thoughts organized and that may at least keep your mind a little more at peace if you know eaxctly what you should be doing to prepare the next upcoming weeks.

Spa Night

I like to take every Sunday and use that as a Spa night. I will put on my face mask, repaint my nails, exfoliate, etc. It is the start of the week and it helps you feel fresh and brand new if you start it with some deep self care. If you didn’t have time to self care during the week then take this day to only do that as a reward after all the studying and hard work you did.

Venting Buddy

As some of us are going back home due to Covid, we can still call a friend to vent to. It can even be a family memeber, but make sure to have your person that you can vent to so you aren’t holding that stress all in. It is good to let it all out and just have someone who listens. 

Work Out

Even if you can’t make it to the gym, working out is a great way to release stress. You can look up so many at home work outs online now. You don’t even need weights or anything, all you need is yourself and something that will get your heartrate going. I love to do also do yoga as this is fairly easy to just do in my room by myself, and once again I will just look up YouTube videos online as a guide. 

Clean

I am someone who feels more stressed if the environment I am in is super cluttered. I feel that if my space is cluttered then my mind is cluttered. So take a few minutes everyday to pick up after yourself, especially in the areas where you do your studying or work at. Taking 15 minutes everyday to clean can go a really long way without feeling you are overwhelmed from cleaning too much. 

Hopefully these tips help you stay a little bit more relaxed during this stressful time. I know that we make have a lot to do these next upcoming weeks, but once this is all over we can think about the fact that we all have break or graduation to look forward to. 

My typical day goes a little like this: Coffee. Code. Sleep. Repeat. I am all about female empowerment, heavy coffee drinker, and a computer nerd.
Her Campus at SAU