Fun Activities To Do This Summer In Davenport

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

For those who are staying at Ambrose this summer, there are fun activities you can do. Davenport doesn’t have much but you should make the most of it while you’re here. 

Slushes 

Stop by Sonic during their happy hour from 2-5 p.m. to get 1/2 price slushes! You can create your own, with tons of their flavor options on the menu. This is a refreshing start to your summer with friends. 

Lay out on campus 

You may or may not have had the chance to actually sit out in the sun on campus. You can finally lay out and tan or just sit, have a picnic with a group of friends. Campus won’t be filled with students walking around or dogs running, so this gives you a chance to take advantage of all the free space available. 

Go to the pool 

You can spend a full day at the pool. There are a few small local public pools to go to this summer! Splash Landing is located in Bettendorf, but it’s not so far from campus. Their night hours are from 6:30 – 8 p.m. Whitewater Junction is located over in Rock Island, which many people like to go to. 

Farmers’ market 

The Freight House Farmers’ Market is located towards downtown Davenport. It’s held every Saturday morning. Bright and early starting at 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. You’ll find several small vendors. There’s an indoor and outdoor market! 

Watch movies at a drive-in theater 

Blue Grass Drive-In Theater and 61 Drive In Theatre are the closest drive-ins. It’s only about a 30 minute drive. This should be on your bucket list for the summer. Make sure to arrive early, you’ll want to find a great parking spot. You can play it straight from your radio in the car or purchase one of their radios for a better sound. Bring snacks, drinks, pillows and blankets! 

DIY canvas 

Think of what you want your room to look like next semester, bee prepared. You don’t have to purchase expensive wall decor for your room. DO IT YOURSELF. Find affordable crafty things at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann. 

Photos: slushes, picnic, pool, farmers’ market, drive-in, canvas 

Major: Marketing // Minor: PR  Fashion, food and Instagram.  Follow-up with my articles to learn more about me and Her Campus at SAU. #GoBees 
Christine La is a senior at St. Ambrose University where she is pursuing a major in Public Relations and minors in Marketing and Management. When she's not blogging, she can be found at a local coffee shop satisfying her caffeine addiction, binging Friends on Netflix, and daydreaming of travel adventures. You can follow her on Instagram @xo.chris.