stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ways to Avoid Getting Sick this Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

As the saying goes, “winter is coming.” The inevitable doom of midterms, stress, and finals have us all close to a breaking point – both mentally and physically. With all of these  stressors quickly approaching, it’s important to protect yourself and take preventive measures to avoid getting sick when you can’t afford to. Here are some helpful tips to avoid the cold season in the midst of studying season:    

Stay Hydrated.

Studying can be mentally draining, but all that time staring at a computer screen or textbook can also be physically dehydrating. Remind yourself with little Post-its or phone reminders to keep hydrated. From water to teas, stock up when you’re hitting the books.

Vitamin C.

To keep yourself from contracting others’ illnesses or weakening your own immune system, try drinking one to two glasses of orange juice, pulp included, or even taking Vitamin C tablets every morning.

Clean up.

As school can take up 99 percent of your time, it’s hard to keep your workspace and living spaces cleaned. But, having roommates makes it  especially important to try to tidy up and sanitize at least once a week. Wipe down the door handles, desk, and even your electronic devices to try to limit the spread of germs.

Hi there, for any questions or feedback, feel free to contact me at soapbach@gmail.com.