This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

To my Little – 

When you’re a Little, you aspire to be the woman that your Big is. When you’re a Big, you hope that you can be at least half the woman that your Little deserves.

When I was in your shoes, I was anxious about three things regarding sorority life. The first thing, was getting a bid. When I got my Bid, my next worry came along – finding who out of this amazing group of women would be my Big. As soon as I had my Reveal and found out who was my Big it was quite some time before I had my next worry – would I be as good of a Big Robin is to me to my future Little?

I thought to myself, “Well, you have some time. You’re not picking up until next spring.”

However, I was wrong and picked up the semester right after I joined.

Surprisingly, I didn’t meet my Little during recruitment. I didn’t even meet her on or after Bid Day.

Last fall, I met my Little on move-in day. I was the RA of her floor and she lived right down the hall from me.

The more I got to know my Little, I knew right away that I could see her being my Little and I hope that she could see me being her Big. On our sister date to Squat and Gobble in West Portal, I found out that we both loved Disney, PINK, and McDonalds. Little did I know that soon enough, we were making frequent trips to McDonalds before and after our Chapter Meeting and buying matching outfits from PINK. Also, I would have never imagined that in a million years that I would hop on a plane from San Francisco to LA just to visit my Little – and make trips to Disneyland with our Annual Passes or that we would end up being co-workers. Some of these memories, among others like Retreat, Big and Little Reveal, and just hanging out in our pajamas watching Christmas movies will hold a special place in my heart forever.

Little – you have been by far one of the best things that have ever happened to me in my time here at Phi Sigma Sigma. You are wise beyond your years, live fearlessly, and lead with integrity and honesty. You came into my life when I was going through it all, but every “hello”, adventure, and everything in between turned what was one of the hardest years of my life into a year full of the best memories I have. You mean the entire world and more to me and I can’t even begin to describe how special and how much our relationship means to me. I’ll be here for you and protect you no matter what happens.

The only regret I have is that this year, I don’t live down the hall from you anymore.  I love you so much and I’m honored to be your Big. You’re the best Little anyone could ask for.