Meet Our History Guru!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

We are rolling out our fresh new member for this  week’s Campus Celebrity. Not only is she in love with all things vintage, she is also a creative, inspirational soul. Meet our lovely member, Rachel Royce!

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: History

Hometown: Foster City, CA

What are you a part of on campus?

In addition to HerCampus, I am also a member of Phi Sigma Sigma sorority.

How about hobbies?

I spend a lot of my time reading and watching Netflix. But I also enjoy painting, photography and writing. I love anything that allows me to be creative and think outside the box.

Can you explain your involvement in your sorority?

Being in a sorority is so much more than going to parties. I have met some of my best friends from my sorority. Also, our philanthropy supports school and college readiness which is a cause close to my heart. I love that being a sorority means being a part of something much larger than myself.

How do you stay organized with all you do and all of your events?

I write down everything down in my planner, even if it’s just coffee with a friend. When I get really busy, I tend to blank and forget things so having everything written down in one place has saved me many a time.

Who/What inspires you to do so many activities?

I have always loved trying new things and getting involved. Oscar Wilde once said, “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” By getting involved in activities, I feel like I am living.

Do you have any advice for our collegiettes who want to participate in campus activities such as clubs and sororities?

Put yourself out there and get involved! SFSU can feel very isolating at times, but joining a club or organization you love can change your whole college experience. The short period of awkwardness when first joining is totally worth finding your place on campus.

And lastly, what is something people don’t know about you?

People don’t know that I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Which member will we interview next? Find out next week.

Until then, HXCO!! ♥

Jessica Romero

San Francisco

Hey Ladies! My Name is Jessica Romero (: I love the beach, the outdoors, sunsets and clothes! ♥ My intended major is ADM and minor in Journalism. Follow your dreams and empower others to pursue theirs!