Dapsity: “Tinder” for Your Professional Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Francisco chapter.

If the job hunting process has been stressing you out lately, Dapsity might be the answer! Recently developed by co-founders Jarrod and Ryan Swanson, this iPhone app is compared to the “Tinder” of your professional life—making the quest for a job as easy as searching for cute guys.

Dapsity makes the process easier by allowing you to search through thousands of job postings in your area and saving them with a mere swipe! What happens if you accidentally deleted a job that seemed a great match? No worries! The app contains a list of all the job listings you passed on.

Other interesting features include emailing your search results, applying directly from the app, and linking to your Facebook and LinkedIn accounts.

Lastly, if you were wondering where the name “Dapsity” comes from, according to their website it is “derived from the word ‘Daps’ which means the knocking of fists together as a sign of achievement.”

Whether you are currently looking for a job or you already have one, this iPhone app is a good resource to keep in mind in case you need it for the future.

(Image Source)

Elizabeth Lee

San Francisco

Elizabeth is currently a junior at San Francisco State University where she is studying Comparative Literature. She enjoys writing, learning foreign languages, and yoga.