priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash

Find Your Zen at USD

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at San Diego chapter.

In college it’s hard to find our zen, so I investigated the USD atmosphere to target the most peaceful and serene locations. 

From class to class, its hard to remember that we have such a beautiful campus, so look up from your phone! Look up from the floor! Pull your mind away from whatever assignment, class, crazy boy drama, and focus on the insane beauty of our campus.

We always see the Immaculata, but stop in and experience the surreal beauty of incredible quietness and the enchanting reflections of the colorful mosaics. Seriously, it was meant to be cherished, not just admired from afar.

And if you’re the real romantic (aka, like me), the intimacy of Founders is lovely. No matter what your religion may be, to be able to go and sit in these beautiful churches is unique and special to USD. As students, it’s a priviledge to have a place where we can experience extatentialism, no matter what our belief’s.

If the church’s aren’t working out for ya, literally look up. This happens to be the view at Burt’s so when you’re enjoying a sushi roll, burrito, or BBQ, you can look out at this and just not think for a second.

And our reflective pool behind the IPJ. Maybe, you’ll see something about yourself you haven’t yet found.

Sometimes the best moments of togetherness with yourself, happens in your apartment/dormroom/bedroom.

And of course there are moment’s when we don’t want to do anything but binge on OITNB by ourselves because “me-time of not thinking” is important, too. Or read. Suggestion of the day: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Phenomonel read.

But at the end of the day, just enjoy the sunset. We are lucky enough to have some of the most beautiful in the world.