Wellness > Mental Health

The Good Advice Cupcake: Everyone’s New Best Friend and Soon To Be Yours

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

The @thegoodadvicecupcake is a social media personality that gives various pieces of advice and empathy to its followers. On this profile you receive consistent videos, pictures, and other graphics of the adorable animated pastry weekly, and sometimes daily.

Source

What does @thegoodadvicecupcake talk about? This famous cartoon has become friends to many by sharing multiple advice “sessions” targeting issues such as comparing yourself, judgement, relationships, mental health, and many more. The helpful cartoon, also known as Cuppy, is like a free therapist session for everyone because these sessions are responses to Cuppy’s follower’s concerns.

Source

Source

The profile @thegoodadvicecupcake shows many key principles other than advice. For example, Cuppy shows many uploads regarding self-care and friendship. Cuppy shares how to appreciate friends through demonstrations with profile features such as @thegoodadvicebun and @thegoodadvicecookie.

Source

This recent October, @thegoodadvicecupcake launched a campaign on Instagram for breast cancer awareness month. Cuppy partnered with Sprinkles, a bakery in Los Angeles, and had sales of cupcakes that looked like Cuppy with clever phrases. This campaign raised $15,000 toward the cause and all proceeds went to The National Breast Cancer Foundation.

Source

This cartoon does way more than entertain its followers; it helps many in the community by making one best friend at a time.

Kenya McLean is a junior and a marketing major at Salisbury University. She plans to graduate in the class of 2020 and loves helping out her campus community.
Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.