Do You Remember These Cartoons?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

I recently had a nostalgic memory of my miniature seven-year-old-self sitting in front of the television in my living room after school, loudly singing along to the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song. Even now in my young adult years, I cannot help but binge watch a ton of episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog once in a while.

I often find myself wondering what happened to all those amazing cartoons that used to air. Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and PBS were – and still are – the front runners for children’s and adolescent’s animated shows and sitcoms. A lot of 90’s kids may know most of the cartoons on the following list.

See how many of the following you know:

1) Courage the Cowardly Dog

2) Dragon Tales

3) Clifford the Big Red Dog

4) Arthur

5) Caillou

6) Maya & Miguel

7) Cyberchase

8) Teen Titans

9) Danny Phantom

10) The Replacements

11) Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends

12) The Powerpuff Girls

13) The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

14) Codename: Kids Next Door

15) Ed, Edd n Eddy

16) Dexter’s Laboratory

17) Cow and Chicken

18) CatDog

19) Rugrats

20) The Wild Thornberrys

My ultimate favorite cartoons were Courage the Cowardly Dog and Dragon Tales, but I still love the others as well. What are your favorites?

Nadia Williams is a senior studying Political Science, Communications and French at Salisbury University. She enjoys writing about policy, media and culture. She hopes to use journalism as a tool to empower others to play an active role in their communities.