This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAIC chapter.

Amp

What Is My Body

I Often feel like I don’t have control of my body, more like I don’t feel connected to it,

I have to try really hard sometimes to make myself aware that I am a human, in a space around other humans, that also have a brain like you, and think like you, have feelings like you.

It’s hard for me to believe that sometimes. I often feel like I am the only person in the world that is like me, I think that falls under grandiosity? My favorite movie is called Two Bit-Waltz, and there is a quote in it that I like, “people with a genius of sorts tend to dance in between self- loathing and grandiosity”, and now I realize that I am kind of making myself sound like an asshole, and I do not think I am some sort of genius, but it describes my emotions pretty well.

I often feel so overwhelmed with thoughts or emotions that I feel like I am not on this planet, I forget I am real. I often question if anything is real, but I also believe that we are all here for a specific reason and that every decision we make, everything we do, has an effect on our futures.

I think I just live in a fantasy world with made-up scenarios, manifestations, day dreams, and unrealistic expectations. I often feel like I am a tiny person trapped in my brain, I don’t think I inhabit my body, who controls my body?

I am a second year student at SAIC, currently focusing my art practice on printmaking and writing, but I also love to make collages and experiment with video, sound, and installation. I typically like to spend my free time learning more about astrology and tarot, going out into nature, or watching a movie.
Writer, student of Visual and Critical Studies, artist in various mediums. Representing (and missing) Ecuador from Chicago. Believes in feminism, social activism and taking care of our planet.