A Thank You Letter to This Year’s Roommate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

It’s officially the last week of classes. Where has the time gone? It seems like just last week we were moving in (well, watching our dads move all our stuff while we told them where to put it). Thinking back, we’ve been through it all; late night study sessions, dance parties, passive-aggressive fights, coming home a little too tipsy, and a few too many sleepy “ha-ha” moments. But I wouldn’t change a thing. This year was so irreplaceable because of you- my roommate. 

Thank you for filling my year with love and friendship. Thank you for making me laugh so hard my abs hurt after. Thank you for listening to me rant about how unfair group projects are (seriously, I could go on for hours about this, and I know at times I did). Thank you for taking care of me when I needed it most, and when I’m sick and just want to be in the comfort of my own home. But it’s hard to jet home just for a cold, so thank you for doing your best to comfort and care for me. Thank you for letting me be a little (or a lot) messy. I know I could get a little crazy with clothes and hair products sprawled all over the floor, so thank you for putting up with me. 

Most importantly, thank you for being a good roommate. I know it’s hard to share a small space and at times it felt like we were on top of each other. However, you always respected my space, and that is something I am forever grateful for. You respected my personal belongings, always asking before using (well most of the time ☺). You also respected my personal space, knowing when was a good time to comfort me and when was a good time to leave me be. 

So thank you for an unforgettable year, and I’ll see you this fall. 

Foodie, Dog lover. Shu Lax '19
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.