This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Go Greek! Sound familiar? All across campus ever since move-in day I’m sure you’ve heard people yelling it, posting it, or asking if you’re doing it. Going Greek and joining a sorority is an amazing experience that shapes your college years. Meeting girls, even just through recruitment, is so great. You make friends just by waiting on line, sweating, feet hurting, and wanting to go to bed, because you’re all in the same boat. Even if you don’t end up in the same sorority as those girls, you’ll still say hi in the halls, ask how their life is going, maybe even be best friends! Joining a sorority is also an awesome way to get involved on and off campus. All of the sororities here at SHU have incredible philanthropies and do fun-filled events all throughout the year. 

Some tips for going Greek? Be yourself! Nerves are inevitable, everyone’s going to be nervous, even the girls already in the sororities! Dressy comfy and something you’re confident in; dress you! When talking to the girls in the rooms, don’t bring up the 5 Bs: Booze, Boys, Barrack/Beliefs, Bank Accounts, and Bad News. These topics aren’t needed when you’re talking about everything you’ve done in high school, on campus, or what make you you! They also aren’t going to come up when you’re learning about each amazing sisterhood that every sorority on campus has. 

If you are going through recruitment this year, go in with an open mind! You’ll find your home and where you belong don’t you worry, just trust the process! If you didn’t go through recruitment this semester, there are usually opportunities to go through informal recruitment for some sororities in the spring! If not, there’s always next fall! It is never too late to join one and get involved! The experiences you’ll have are like no other. Go Greek to find your forever friends (sisters) and have the best years of your life!

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.