An Open Letter to My HC Squad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

I want you to have the happiest of holidays, because you deserve it. You put up with my constant emails, countless Facebook messages, and my demanding photo shoots. This semester, not one of you missed a deadline, and you never ignored any of my messages. You were by my side at every event we hosted this year, and you have been as enthusiastic as I am about making Her Campus Sacred Heart the best it’s ever been.

And for that, I want to fill your stockings with Vera Bradley ID cases. They’re perfect for holding your ID, SHU card, debit card and car keys. Plus, the prints never go out of style!

I want to buy you burrito bowls using Chipotle BOGO cards because you deserve only non-GMO ingredients. Extra guacamole? Go for it! Dinner is on me.

I want to style your hair using Tresemmé sea salt spray, because I know how much you appreciate salon-quality beach waves.

I want to bedazzle your arms in limited edition metallic scented flash tattoos by Michael Kors because your holidays deserve to shimmer.

I want to give you boxes and boxes of Cold-Eeze, because I cannot let an annoying cold ruin your holiday celebrations.

And finally, I want to say thank you for all that you’ve done for our chapter this semester. Here’s to new beginnings as a PINK (!!) level chapter.

Colleen O'Melia

Sacred Heart

Colleen O'Melia is a senior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English major with a concentration in Writing. Aside from being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Sacred Heart, she is President of Sacred Heart's Education Club, volunteers at a local schools, and mentors young students.