#NoFilter: Beautiful Sunsets and Sunrises

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Every once in a while, Mother Nature blesses us with a sky that is full of amazement and color. We stand awestruck, unable to believe that our earth could ever look so beautiful. These picturesque moments stop us in our tracks and make us appreciate how wonderful life truly is… as well as take an artsy photo for Instagram! I mean, did you really see a sunset if you didn’t post a picture of it? Featured below are photos of sunrises and sunsets taken by our own Sacred Heart students! These images will have your jaw dropping and leave you wondering, “What filter did they use?!” #nofilterneeded

The first two photographs were taken by junior Anthony Tartaglia on the Sacred Heart University quad. The chapel provides the perfect backdrop for this breathtaking sky.

Sea Cliff Beach is notorious for its stunning sunset views. This picture captures the most perfect Long Island summer night . This photo was taken by junior, Leah Capobianco.

These last pictures were taken and submitted by our own Her Campus Correspondent, Colleen O’Melia. In the first photo, the purple and pink sky peeks through a fringe of trees overlooking Scholars Commons. The second photo was taken at sunrise on Boar’s Head Beach in Hampton, New Hampshire. 

Maggie Bortner is a junior at Sacred Heart University. She is a business marketing and fashion merchandising major, with a minor in French. She is a leading member in her sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha, here on campus. She likes to spend her free time working out at the gym and spending hours online shopping.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.