This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

As we are approaching the end of a crazy, unexpected, and challenging school year with both positives and negatives, one can only imagine how much a college student really deals with. Behind the scenes, everyone is bound to put off taking care of themselves or putting themselves first. Perhaps because we tend to put more focus on other things that we believe matter more than our own mental health. Today more than ever it is crucial for us to learn how to manage it, but also how to keep positivity in our life that will keep us going. I think it is fair to say that this past year took a toll on everyone including myself. Therefore, I cannot think of a better way to share mental health advocate pages I swear by that I hope will be of help for anyone and everyone. Most of these are only small groups of advocacy online, but the attention they bring and audience they assist is greater than anything. These pages and advocates bring resources through a way of color and joy that really creates an everlasting impact. An impact that marks empowerment and the teaching of putting mental health at an all high on an individual’s list of priorities. 

@stacieswfit INSTAGRAM

Stacie is an illustrator, author and instagram content creator. Most of her work on social media is based on a guide towards positivity, self-care and navigating mental health. Her page has given me the peace I needed during times where I think I did not deserve it. Stacie is inspiring and helpful as she collaborates with other resources that offer help in various ways for anyone that may be struggling and does not know where to begin. In July of 2020, Stacie took a step further in order to help more people than ever by publishing her very first book, ‘You Are Positively Awesome’. A book that has the ability to cheer up anyone and be a true source of comfort.

@hannahgoodart INSTAGRAM

Artwork is a form of coping not many are aware of. Hannah Good is a content creator and artist on Instagram and Etsy, who uses her platform by helping as many people as possible. She is a daily inspiration who speaks through her art by proving myself and others daily pep talks. On her page, she reckons great reads which can be utilized as another way to better one’s mental health. Her page can be used as a great, little start for the road to navigating better mental health.

@the.doodle.project

Continuing the pave for bringing awareness to mental health through art is this content creator. With a great following, they are able to provide all types of resources and keep up an open platform available to all. Important topics are brought up that we do not realize are also important. The creator dives into ways on how to manage anger, toxic relationships, procrastination, and self-criticism. This page is truly decided for anyone that is willing to grow, learn and heal by learning to put their mental health first.

@dlcanxiety

This page is known for being one of the world’s largest communities as a source for support towards finding better self-care and dealing with anxiety. The page includes testimonials as a sign of how efficient they are towards their  goal of helping others worldwide. New and different strategies are shared with over millions of followers. A page I am thankful for everyday of the many hidden tips and tricks with dealing with any kind of stress or anxiety.

Daisy Tuquinagui

Sacred Heart '23

- My name is Daisy. I am a senior at Sacred Heart University majoring in Criminal Justice with minors in Journalism, Human Rights & Social Justice. I have been apart of this chapter since my first year and look forward to publishing many articles.
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)