Meet the HC SHU Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

It’s about time we introduced some of our most involved team members here at Her Campus Sacred Heart~

Meet Campus Correspondent Laura Lampert ’18

Hometown: Hingham, MA

Major: Communications (Digital Advertising & PR)

Other Involvement: Zeta Tau Alpha, Best Buddies, and currently the Graphic Design Intern for the Career Center!

Why I Love HC: I joined Her Campus my freshman year and met some amazing upperclassmen who took me under their wing and gave me confidence.  Ever since then, Her Campus has been my favorite creative outlet and I love how it gives us girls on campus a voice!  My team is so close and we are all each other’s biggest supporters.

Meet Secretary Ciara Swan ’19

Hometown: Milton, MA

Major: Exercise Science, on the Pre-Physical Therapy Track

What I Like To Do: Hang out with my friends, find new music on Spotify, go to the beach in the summer, shopping with my friends and I’m always down to get ice cream any time, any day. 

Other Involvement: Member/Assistant Director of Sisterhood in Chi Omega, Student Ambassador, Intramural Co-Ed Volleyball, Exercise Science Club 

Internship This Past Summer: I interned at Elliott Physical Therapy located in Milton, Dorchester and North Attleboro, Massachusetts!

Why I Love HC: I’ve gotten so much more out of being a part of Her Campus for the past two years than I could have ever imagined. I’ve met friends that I’ll have for the rest of these four years and beyond graduation. I love getting to write articles about what’s really happening in college, and they’re articles girls our age can actually relate to. I had thought that the articles would be challenging to write, but they’re super easy and fun!

Meet Editor Sabrina Garone ’19

Hometown: North Bellmore, NY

Major: Media Arts/Journalism 

Campus Involvement and Interests: Senior Editorial Producer at The Pulse, Co-News Editor at the Spectrum, and member of the Theater Arts Program and SHU L.O.V.E. I’m also a big music geek, and love to sing and play guitar. 

Why I Love HC: I have always loved writing and blogging, and Her Campus has really helped me to find my voice. Not only has HC given me great writing experience, but it has also allowed me to meet some super sweet girls with the same interests as me. It feels good to know that girls all over campus read and enjoy our articles, and I’m very proud to be a part of this team. 

Meet Social Media Editor Melissa Minerva ’19

Hometown: Commack, NY

Major: Marketing with a Minor in Digital Marketing and PR/Advertising

Other Involvement: Zeta Tau Alpha sorority and Co-President of the Marketing club!  I also had a fashion marketing internship in NYC this past summer.

Why I Love HC: I love being a part of Her Campus because it is a great way to show my creative side and plus I love hanging with all the HC girls!  

Meet Publicity Director Olivia Digirolamo ’20

Hometown: Stony Brook, NY

Major: Advertising and PR with a minor in Journalism 

Other Involvement: Kappa Delta sorority and an internship at Outside TV

Why I Love HC: I love being Involved in her campus because it allows me to relate girls around the country with my writing! 

Meet Social Media Editor Olivia Mittleman ’19

pictured second to left

Hometown: Mullica Hill NJ 

Major: Communications with minors in Digital Marketing and Advertising & PR  

Other Involvement: SHU Women’s Lacrosse, Sports Media Club, SAAC, and just interned for Madison Square Garden this summer!

Why I Love HC: Her Campus provides me an opportunity to voice my opinion in a way that connects to my major while also giving me a brand new set of friends.

Meet Editor Kara Shea ’19!

Hometown: Norwood, Massachusetts  Major: English and Marketing double major  Other Involvement: Editorial intern at TownVibe Magazine  Why I Love HC: I get to write what I want, when I want!

Meet Writer Lauren Khoury ’19

Hometown: Staten Island, NY

Major: Exercise Science major, Pre-Physical Therapy track

Other Involvement: Exercise Science and Pre-PT club. 

Why I Love HC: I like being a writer for HerCampus because it allows me to do something that is completely different from what I am studying. I enjoy writing for fun about all things beauty and fashion. HerCampus has allowed me to be a part of a fun, supportive group of girls.

Meet Writer Nina Laura ’20

Hometown: Staten Island, NY

Major: Biology pre- Physician’s Assistant

Other Involvement: Zeta Tau Alpha! I also have a pediatric internship at Yale New Haven Hospital this year!

Why I Love HC: I get the take a break from chemical equations and dedicate time to some of my favorite things, fashion, makeup, and writing! 

Meet Writer Meg Rice ’19

Hometown: Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 

Major: Communications (Public Relations & Advertising)

Other Involvement: When I am not running around trying to balance my life I love to take pictures, drink a caramel ice coffee from Dunkin’, watch Friends, or sit on the beach at any time of year.  I am the Historian of my sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha, where I run all of our social media pages.  I interned at Little Words Project this summer where I helped with their PR and production.  They are such an amazing group of women who promote such a positive message.  It was an incredible experience working with them.  

Why I Love HC: Her Campus is a place where I can practice my writing and share with the world who I am through that writing.  I love the girl power vibes it gives off and the sense of community our chapter has. 

Meet Writer Brooke McCarthy ’19

Hometown: Quincy,MA

Major: History/ Secondary Education

Campus involvement: Zeta Tau Alpha, Dance ensemble, and tryna be in the history club

Why I Love HC: Writing articles gives me a fun break from school work. I also enjoy being in a club with all my closest friends here. Her Campus has also started to help me become a more confident writer. 

Laura Lampert

Sacred Heart

Laura is a Communications Studies major with a concentration in Digital Marketing/PR.  Campus Correspondent at Sacred Heart, overly-involved, and always five minutes late with an iced coffee.