This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

It’s that time of year again where focusing on schoolwork seems nearly impossible and staying motivated is a feat unlike any other. With spring break right around the corner, school can seem like a drag. For those who are traveling for spring break, the countdown to their destination is drawing into the single digits. On the other hand, for those of us staying home, we are anxiously awaiting our days of stress-free relaxation. With this amazing time of year quickly approaching combined with the stress of midterms and last minute assignments, we have one question: how do we survive until spring break? Here are some tips on how to get through the next few days!

1. Stay Motivated: At some point, it becomes so easy to give up on the hectic assignments and the midterm studying you have to do within the last week before spring break. Combine the stress of studying with the overwhelming dreariness of this weather and you’ll find yourself wondering how long you can get away with hiding out in your room until break is finally here. To motivate yourself, remind yourself of all of the good things that are approaching and the fact that, soon, you’ll be able to bask in the fact that the weather is not five degrees!

2. Online Shop and Create Pinterest Dream Boards: In between endless hours of studying, online shopping and creating Pinterest boards are two foolproof ways to stay focused on nicer weather and days of relaxation. Spend your snow days creating boards dedicated to faraway places (places where it doesn’t hurt to step outside). Next, shop online for some cute accessories and outfits that you’ll be able to wear when the weather is better and the snow is finally gone. Knowing you’re prepared for the upcoming season will make it all the more exciting!

3. Make Lists: Nothing keeps you better organized than list-making. To organize your thoughts and keep track of all of the things that you want to do over break, make a “To-Do List.” Furthermore, to allow for a much less stressful midterm week, make a list of all of the things that you have to finish before you’re able to dive into full-on spring break mode. Checking off the things you accomplish as you go will make midterm week stress feel much more manageable and will allow you to kick off your spring break knowing that you are totally done with school stress (for now, that is).

4. Stay Active! As much as we wish that they would, our bodies won’t work off the endless carbs and calories that we consume due to midterm week stress on their own. Get the spring break body you’ve been dreaming of by searching some fitness tips on Pinterest and hitting the gym! Exercising is a great way to kill some spare time and it’ll make you feel better than you would if you had decided to stay in bed binge-watching Netflix and counting down the minutes until break is here (we’ve all been there). Distract yourself from any school-related stress by workin’ on your fitness. You won’t regret it!

We are in the homestretch, everyone! We have only a few more days until spring break is finally here. Use these tips to help make the week more bearable and get even more excited for the week to come! Keep in mind that there is so much to look forward to– we just have to make it through this one last tough week! 

Alissa Giansanti is a sophomore at Sacred Heart University. She studies marketing and fashion merchandising, loves traveling and music and runs a fashion and lifestyle blog. 
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.