kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

How To Cope With Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

It is that time of the year that everyone dreads at the end of every semester. It’s finals week! With that being said, here are some important things to keep in mind.

1.     Make a schedule

In order to stay on top of your work and not stress yourself out, it is so important to make a schedule of everything you have to do. I personally like putting everything I have to do on my planner on my desk. That way when I’m getting ready in the morning, I can look and see what I need to do that day. Making a schedule of everything I need to do, makes me feel so much more confident going into finals.

2.     Take time for you self

As important as it is to study, it is very important to take time for yourself. If you stress yourself out too much, you won’t be able to focus and get the work done.  Taking breaks and making sure you have some time to relax, is extremely important in doing well on finals. This will help you to get into the right mindset to study. This will overall help you retain more information and help you do well on finals.

3.     Don’t stress

For anything stressing yourself out, doesn’t help with anything. In order to not stress it is important to follow a schedule and stay on track. You also have to keep in mind that if you put in the time and effort you will do good. Holding things to the last minute is a big stressor, so it is important to make sure that you stay on top of your schedule and due dates. If you stay on top of everything, you will 100% feel so much better going into a final.

4.     Keep goals in mind

It is important to set goals when going into finals. If you have set goals in mind, it will help keep you on track. A lot of goals I set relate to getting things done on time. I personally have a lot of papers due heading into finals week, so I set goals in order to finish my papers on time. Having these goals set will make you so much less stressed, and will definitely improve how you do on your finals.

5.     Get help if you need it

It is ok if you need some help going into finals. There are so many ways you can get help on campus. If you feel like you need help, the best thing to do is ask your professor or get a tutor. Getting help if you don’t understand something, will make you feel so much more confident going into a final. It is important to remember that there are so many people there to help if you need it.

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.
Nina Lauria

Sacred Heart

Nina is a Biology major with a Chemistry minor on the Physician's Assistant track. She has always loved medicine just as much as fashion and blogging. Nina hopes to one day concentrate in Pediatric Oncology and help find a cure for cancer!