This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Disney has been making waves in the streaming world ever since announcing they would be releasing their very own streaming services in 2019. On November 12th, 2019, Disney+ will be fully released for consumers to stream, and there is a lot of hype surrounding it!

So you may ask yourself, why pay another monthly fee for another streaming service? Well Disney has expanded beyond childhood characters and cheesy musicals. Not only will Disney have Disney shows and movies available, they also will have Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. They even will have 21st Century Fox classics such as the Sound of Music or The Simpsons available to watch! This means any time you want to watch any Marvel Studios film, a Disney classic film or anything in between, you will be able to do it at the low price of $7 dollars a month.

To compare to its competitors, the monthly subscription is quite low for what you are getting out of it. The following prices are based off of how much plans are for Netflix and Disney+streaming services as of November 2019. For $7 dollars a month, you get any show you what, wherever you go at 4k resolution and can stream up to 4 devices at the same time. You also can have up to 10 devices with your Disney account on it where you can download anything on the services. A huge plus is Disney+ is partnering with ESPN and Hulu to create the ultimate bundle where you can use all three streaming services for just $12.99 a month.

To compare, Netflix one of its biggest competitors 4 devices is its premium plan, you can watch on 4 devices at the same time at HD or Ultra HD, at the cost of $16 dollars a month. Even with this cost, not every show or movie on Netflix has a downloadable option. The cheapest Netflix plan is still more than Disney+ option, coming in at $9 dollars for one device, and all the shows will be in SD resolution.

Overall, Disney has a great marketing team that have been working hard at displaying all the incredible options Disney+ will have for its viewers. The biggest thing for most college students that are making them subscribe is the plan to bring back and recreate classic films such as Hocus Pocus, Home Alone, Cheaper by the Dozen and more!

Will you be getting a Disney subscription?

Lindsey McCarthy

Sacred Heart '21

Lindsey McCarthy is a senior majoring in Communications with concentrations in PR & Advertising at Sacred Heart University. Some of her favorites things include music, coffee, and all things Disney.
Nina Lauria

Sacred Heart

Nina is a Biology major with a Chemistry minor on the Physician's Assistant track. She has always loved medicine just as much as fashion and blogging. Nina hopes to one day concentrate in Pediatric Oncology and help find a cure for cancer!