This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Yes. Niykee Heaton’s EP, “Bad Intentions,” has finally dropped. Although scheduled to drop Tuesday, September 23, Heaton surprised her fans and released the EP a day early (all the more reason to love her). The EP contains six tracks: Villa, Rolling Stone, Skin Tight, Champagne For the Pain, Sober and, of course, Bad Intentions. In an interview with Complex.com, Heaton explains she was first recognized by WorldStar Hip Hop when her acoustic cover of Chief Keef’s popular song, “Love Sosa” was selected as “Female Cover of the Week.”  Raised just outside of Chicago, Heaton is only nineteen. Her Twitter account isn’t even verified, yet her EP is top ten on iTunes. Niykee is definitely a new artist to watch out for– she’s got some damn bad intentions. 

The video that started it all…

All Eyes On Niykee

Wait, she’s only nineteen? We know, hard to believe.

This past summer, Niykee performed at Samsung’s Milk Music festival alongside artist, Pusha-T.

Just this week, Niykee met with MTV! Step by step, she’s achieving her dreams. You go girl. 

Niykee loves her fans– almost as much as they love her. Some of Niykee’s fans have even had her song lyrics tattooed on their bodies. The most popular choice being, “My ambition is my weaponry,” from Niykee’s single, “I’m Ready.” 

Niykee is always giving her fans a shout out via social media. (She’s favorited two of my tweets. Needless to say, I was star-struck).

Oh, and we can’t forget to mention Niykee’s dog, Blocka. So creepy looking yet so cute at the same time. 

Niykee is taking over. She is driven, talented, appreciative and undeniably sexy. Download her new album on iTunes, and you won’t be able to stop listening. Guaranteed.

And, finally, the song that inspired her album, “Bad Intentions.”

Thanks to Complex.com and Zimbio.com for more info about our favorite new artist!

Colleen O'Melia

Sacred Heart

Colleen O'Melia is a senior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English major with a concentration in Writing. Aside from being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Sacred Heart, she is President of Sacred Heart's Education Club, volunteers at a local schools, and mentors young students.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.