This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Some people love shopping and some don’t. I am one of those who despises shopping because I can never find anything. This summer I went shopping a few times and I tried on everything that was cute but nothing looked flattering on me. It’s a struggle shopping and finding clothes that match your style and fit how you want.

Here are some of the things that stress me out whenever I go out shopping for clothes.

Being Emotional in the Fitting Room

A few days ago I went shopping and I had a breakdown in the fitting room because I couldn’t find anything that flattered my body. That feeling can make you feel very discouraged and can lower your self-esteem. You are not alone if you are struggling emotionally in the fitting room. One thing that works for me is going to stores that are inclusive of different body types and have versatile fashion. Just remember that it is okay to be emotional in the fitting room and just remember that no one is the same and we are all unique in our own ways!

Crowds

I don’t know about you, but crowds make me super uncomfortable. Going to the mall can be wild and hectic. That’s why online shopping can be your best friend when shopping for clothes and accessories. You’re in the comfort of your home and you don’t have to worry about waiting in a long line to check out or even wait for a fitting room. I’ve found countless cute pieces of clothing online that were both affordable and flattering on my body type. One of my favorite things to do is shopping via online and I recommend for you all to do it as well if crowds stress you out as much as they stress me out.

Bad for Mental Health

Shopping, in general, is hectic and can be draining for your mental health, especially when you are in the fitting room and you can’t seem to find anything for yourself. There have been countless times in the past few years that I couldn’t seem to find anything that flattered my body or even look presentable on me. It can make one feel discouraged. Even when I don’t find clothes at the mall, I go to other stores like Target and Nordstrom Rack and there are many cute options. Also, thrifting is a fun alternative because it’s cheap and fun.

In conclusion, it’s really hard shopping in general. Shopping can be fun for some and not for others and that is okay. Try shopping in stores that are inclusive to all body types. I love going to stores who have different kinds of styles for different body types. It makes me feel represented and it makes my shopping experience positive. When shopping next time, remember to not feel discouraged after trying a few things and going to a few different stores. Keep searching and try on various outfits and you’ll find the one!

Roya Zaki

Sacramento '22

Hi, My name is Roya Zaki and I'm a writer. I am currently a freshman at Sacramento State majoring in Biology currently pre-med also. I love reading books on wattpad. I'm your typical Pisces I love watching youtube videos and I love listening to music some of my favorite artists are: Ariana Grande, Due Lipa, 5SOS, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Lauv, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Any member of One Direction.