Ariana Grande and Victoria Monet’s Song “Monopoly” is Freaking Everything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

It’s only April yet Ariana surprised us fans with another song called “Monopoly.” Her album “Thank You, Next” was everything and I loved all the songs from “NASA” to “fake smile.” Her hard work is shown through her music and, as a self-professed arianator, I feel blessed with her amazing and inspiring music. Ariana’s music has helped me in times where I wasn’t being fully myself and in a dark time of my life.

Ariana and Victoria’s new song is called “Monopoly” and it’s one of my favorites right now. It’s such a chill and laid back song you can groove to with your girlfriends. The music video itself is so fun with the girls shooting emojis everywhere. The video reminded me of a meme I saw on YouTube. The lyrics itself are cheerful and simple. Ariana explained on Twitter that the track is dedicated “ to friendship, freedom, protecting your energy and staying right in your bag.” Monet on Twitter said that the track was a “thank to them fans.”

I love the chorus that is sung by Ariana “bad vibes, get off of me outta here with that f****** treat my goals like property collect them like Monopoly.” Yes girl, keep those bad vibes away and accomplish those goals.

If you haven’t checked out the music video, please do because it’s the perfect spring bop to help us with the mid-semester hump we’ve all been feeling. Plus, those onesies Ariana wore were so cute! We all need to add this song on our spring playlist!

You might want to learn the lyrics especially if you’re going to the concert this year on May 3rd at the Golden One Center. Yes, Ariana is coming to Sacramento and I am super excited!

Roya Zaki

Sacramento '22

Hi, My name is Roya Zaki and I'm a writer. I am currently a freshman at Sacramento State majoring in Biology currently pre-med also. I love reading books on wattpad. I'm your typical Pisces I love watching youtube videos and I love listening to music some of my favorite artists are: Ariana Grande, Due Lipa, 5SOS, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Lauv, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Any member of One Direction.