ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Easy Tips On Balancing Your Everyday Struggles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Who knew while working, going to school and having a social life would be so challenging? Personally, I thought I could juggle working 40 hours a week, being a full-time college student and having time for friends would be so easy, but it is one of the hardest obstacles I have faced so far! I realized adulting is tough. Though, it’s something we need to go through in order to start building a strong foundation for ourselves. Try looking at it this way, it’s investing into a brighter future for yourself. You probably are thinking, “That sounds awesome! How do I manage it all?” Luckily for you, I have four easy tips to help you maintain that balance!

Tip #1: Organization is Key

Photo courtesy of Jessica Thames

Without organization, everything can get scrambled and you’re left living in chaos. Nowadays, you can purchase a planner from any store, write notes or to-do lists on a whiteboard or even use the organizational apps on your phone. The calendar app is also super convenient to sync with your computer and it even sends you reminders! With the help of these items, it will be more convenient for you to keep track of your schedule and update as often as you need. When I made these small changes, my grades have improved, I’m available to earn more hours, I get a good night’s rest and best of all I enjoy going out with friends without having to feel stressed.

Tip #2: Find Supportive Friends

Photo courtesy of Elliott Chau

If you decide to hang out with people who may discourage your dreams, are not the best supporters and have negative comments, it will cause bad vibes and eventually bring you down to some sad moments in your life. You don’t want to feel pressured or obligated to those kinds of friends. Instead, try to find positive friends who encourage your goals, support you and uplifts you from your worst moments. It’ll be nice to have friends who understand when you have a history paper due Friday night and you haven’t even started it yet because they won’t make you feel guilty about missing out on the craziest party ever.

Tip #3: Learn from Your Own Mistakes  

Photo courtesy of Anne

It can be quite upsetting when you are doing so well in school and you’re having a great weekend you suddenly remember you have to turn in an assignment before it’s too late. As a result, you receive a bad grade because you chose your friends over the assignment. Totally bums you out, right? It’s all about the choices that are made and how you prepare for it. Your mistakes can hurt you and put you behind your life’s goals. Don’t worry, this is all one big learning process. Next time, you will use your planner or phone to schedule time to complete that assignment. Think about it this way, “If you don’t fail, how did you know what you did wrong?” Failure helps us grow into the best version we want to become in the future.

Tip #4: Don’t Stress

Photo courtesy of Thought Catalog

Stress is a common emotion we tend to feel in tough circumstances. Throughout our lives, we are going to go through parts of our days that stress us out. It can be overwhelming while we have other responsibilities like school, work, family and other commitments we have. So, how do we deal with all the craziness? Try to start by taking a deep breath and assess everything you have to do then take it one step at a time. If you feel like you need to take a break from studying and get away all the responsibilities, plan some fun activities with your friends or yourself. It will be sure take your mind off of those things for a while and leave you with a nice refreshed feeling!

These simple tips will provide you with some ideas on balancing the craziness life will often throw at you. During college life, this will most likely happen all the time! For the best results to survive college life, you will need to plan ahead and prepare yourself so you can enjoy your time experiencing all the things you need to accomplish in life. When things don’t work out as planned, it’s ok, just take deep breaths and think of alternative ways to continue #girlbossing through your life.

SaveSave

was born in the burrows of Los Angeles, California and grew up in the San Fernando Valley. Currently studying Political-Science Journalism, she a news editor for the State Hornet at California State University Sacramento. She is usually found in bed with her cats or having philosophical conversations with her loved ones.
Guinnevere King

Sacramento '18

.