This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

We have a #MajorKey alert right now! Winter is coming and that means our bodies beg us for more food. Especially comfort food like ice cream . Imagine ice cream that’s healthy and delicious. 

You heard Mindy, HEALTHY Ice cream. If you are still drooling, don’t worry, we got you covered. Here is the recipe:

Ingridents: 

Serves 2

• 2 Bananas
  • 1 Knife
  • 1 Tupperware
  • Blender
  • Any toppings and flavour (e.g. Peanut Butter)

Instructions

1. Take bananas and peel the skin off. Once that is done, cut them into 1/2 cm width slices. Smaller they are the easier it will be to blend.

2. Once your bananas are slices, put them in the tupperware container and seal it

3. Freeze Bananas for 4 hours

4. Once frozen, get our your blender and put the frozen bananas in.

5. If you find it is too stiff, try putting almond milk in it. No more than a 1/4 cup!

6. As soon as it gets to a creamy consistency, turn off blender to put toppings in.

Writer’s note: My favourite by far is Peanut Butter and Dairy Free Chocolate Chips! Go wild, whatever your heart desires.

7. Blend again until consistent.

8. Pour contents in the tupperware and freeze again for 3 hours.

9. Enjoy!

Send us your pictures to @HCRyerson and put the hashtag #HealthyIceCreamSayWhat

Mariam Nouser

Toronto MU '22

I am in my second of three years of journalism at Ryerson University with a passion for international politics, public policy, social justice and cultural affairs. My love for writing and photography lead me to switch to Ryerson's School of Journalism after five long years in engineering. As a journalist and freelance photographer, I aim to tell stories of various communities locally and globally and use my fluency in multiple languages to connect with different people. During my first year in the journalism program, I have learned how to write an effective hard news story, edit videos and create infographics. Outside of the classroom, I have written for The Eyeopener, Ryerson Folio, RUtvNews, The Canada Files. I was also the 2019-2020 recipient of the Alan Shepard Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Award at Ryerson University. Some of my skills include Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Lightroom and HTML. Some of my bylines can be found: in The Eyeopener, Ryerson Folio, RUtvNews and Muslim Girl.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.