This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

They say that healthy adults need 8 hours of sleep, but if you are restless and have a lot on your plate this can seem impossible. Thankfully, I have some purchases that you can make to make sleeping a little bit easier. Thanks to these purchases, I look forward to hopping in bed and keeping up with my sleep cycle. 

White Noise Machine 

If you are anything like me, sleeping can be difficult with disruptive noises coming from your home, outside, etc. A white noise machine can be extremely helpful to block out any noises. The Letsfit White Noise Machine on amazon is only $20.59. This specific white noise machine includes different sleep machine soundtracks, a timer, and memory features. 

Pillow and Sleep Spray 

Pillow and sleep sprays are extremely helpful for falling asleep. The spray is proven to produce sleep-inducing hormones with calming aromas that cause our bodies to produce melatonin. Spraying your bedding and room with the pillow sprays consistently helps your body to get into a habit of calming your body before your head hits the pillow. My favorite pillow spray is the lavender and vanilla from the Bath and Body Works for $13.50.

Weighted Blanket 

Worry no more about whether you will sleep through the night. The weighted blankets are a type of at-home therapy that provides benefits to deep pressure therapy. My weighted blanket has helped my anxiety because it honestly feels as if someone is giving you a big hug. They help calm a restless body, reduce anxiety, and improve sleep issues. 

Water, Water, Water 

Drinking plenty of water throughout the day and especially before bedtime can help keep hydrated throughout the night. Drinking water also helps you fall asleep quicker because your body is able to stabilize its hormone levels as well as restore its vitamin and nutrient levels. Water consumption also relaxes muscles and joints, meaning that your body is able to restore itself naturally. 

Clean Bedding

Taking the time to wash your sheets and comforter can ensure that you have helped get rid of the air of dust particles and allergens that may be in the air. Being able to jump in bed with clean bedding will lead to a much better night’s sleep. Furthermore, clean bedding can give off soft, fresh, and natural scents that trigger calming and happy effects. 

Hello! My name is Stephanie and I am a senior at RWU. I am a marketing enthusiast and a dog lover.
Hi, I'm Jessie, the Campus Coordinator and Founder of Her Campus at Roger Williams University! I am a senior majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. When not in school, I love to work out, shop, listen to music and spend time with my friends!