Style > Beauty

Ulta Beauty: The New One-Stop Shop for Rutgers Beauty Lovers

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

October 13th, 2018 was the grand opening of a brand new Ulta Beauty that opened off of Route 1 South in North Brunswick, just a 10-minute drive from campus! The girls at Her Campus Rutgers were fortunate enough to be invited to help promote their grand opening.

We all took a trip together to check it out and, let me tell you, we definitely were not disappointed!

The HerCampus Rutgers team at Ulta Beauty

Taylor Whitaker

The store was very clean and brightly lit, making it easy to swatch products and see the true shade. It was definitely helpful when I went to test out some foundation shades on my neck. Like most Ulta Beauty stores, it is divided up into two sides- one side being high-end products and the other side being drugstore products. They also had the in-store treatments for hair and skin in the back of the store.

Shannon Chin 

They also didn’t skimp out when it when it came to all the makeup, skincare, hair care, and perfume brands they have in-store. There are so many for all different price points. I was surprised to see Juvia’s Place there because it is an indie brand but it was awesome to see that Ulta Beauty supports and love indie brands just like many others.

There also a Mac section at the front of the store, which I know many will appreciate because Mac is usually sold at their own stores and at department stores.

Ulta Beauty is truly making itself the one-stop shop for everything beauty, and I know many college students will appreciate this so they won’t have to waste time making multiple trips to other beauty stores.

Shannon Chin

If you were convinced the store was great, the staff is even better. Upon entering, we were greeted by an upbeat saleswoman ready to offer us bags to hold all our products and to help us if we had any questions. I asked one of the employees if they had something a specific product in-store and when she couldn’t answer the question itself, she went around asking other employees until I got my answer. The cashier was very cordial and made conversation with me as she was scanned my products.

Keoni Nguyen

Overall, the Ulta Beauty grand opening was a great stress reliever as I was able to look at all the beautiful makeup before I dive into the real work of studying for my upcoming exams.

My haul!

Shannon Chin

I will say, the one thing I was disappointed about was their stock of Makeup Revolution products isn’t coming in till next week, but I guess that just means I need to make another trip soon!

In the meantime, I can’t wait to try out the Norvina palette!

Shannon is a senior attending Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor's degree in Journalism & Media studies. Although she is graduating this May, she will be staying to obtain her Master's degree in Communication Media. With a great passion for everything fashion and beauty, she hopes to be writing for a magazine centered around both. She loves puppies and can often be found in bed binging a k-drama on Netflix!