This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

The Man, The Myth, The Legend…

The man who was named one of America’s best mayors by U.S. News & World Report, attended the Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have Dream” speech, has been Senator of Vermont since 2007, and has accomplished more than one can imagine. None other than the Bernie Sanders himself. Bernie Sanders will be speaking at the University of Maryland on October 3, 2018, at 8 pm EST.

New York Times and Her Campus Team Up

New York Times is partnering with Her Campus chapters across the country to hosting live streaming watch parties. Her Campus Rutgers will be hosting an incredible viewing party in the Busch Student Center in the Center Hall on October 3 starting at 8 pm EST. Attending Turn Up The Turnout With Bernie Sanders will be a once in a lifetime experience. You will have the opportunity to hear Sanders speak and answer questions from college students across the country.

I Don’t Care About Politics. Why Should I Go?

You don’t have to be a supporter of Sanders to attend. This event is about a night of unity and pure enjoyment. You may not be intrigued or care about what is occurring politically on in America, but you should be aware of the decisions the government is making and how it may affect you. Political events such as this one allow for you to become an informed American citizen. Supporter or not, the Turn Up The Turnout With Bernie Sanders event will be a night for all to enjoy.

What Could Make This Even Better?

Not only will you enjoy a night filled with Bernie’s words of wisdom, but the evening will be accompanied by free food and free New York Times swag! For more information check out our Facebook page. Skip the line and RSVP. This certainly will be a night you won’t want to miss!

Kate Dobbs

Rutgers '21

Kate Dobbs is currently a sophomore attending Rutgers University New Brunswick. She is currently majoring in History on a secondary education track with a specialization in Special Education and Public History. Additionally she is a spinning instructor at Rutgers University. She aspires to help her future students succeed and be set on a path of success. Instagram: katedobbs