Career

Time To Get Hired: Job Sites For Boss Girls Everywhere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

It’s almost that time of the year… summer! Along with the excitement of summer comes the dread and pressure of finding an internship or summer job. It’s going to be a long three months. Soon enough, binge-watching your favorite shows on the couch might become a bore. It’s time to strap on your work boots and figure out a productive way to spend this summer vacation. In this modern age of technology, you can use the Internet to secure the summer job or internship that will help put a dent in your resume. Try checking out some of these job sites to help you figure out your summer plans.

MonsterCollege

This subset of Monster focuses on the college student demographic. By honing in on entry-level careers, you can narrow your searches to jobs that you may best qualify for. One of the best features offered by MonsterCollege is the ability to share stories and advice with other entry-level job seekers. Job searching can be overwhelming, so it’s nice to connect with others who are navigating the same struggles as yourself.

(Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash)

LinkedIn

In today’s fast-paced, social media-oriented world, LinkedIn offers you a platform to have all your professional connections in one place. Traditional networking is done at Career Fairs, through friends, previous employers, but with LinkedIn you can connect with other professionals in your field straight from your phone. Isn’t that amazing? You can reach out to mutual connections to find jobs or advice about a field that you might be interested in. Your profile is essentially your resume, so you can also apply for jobs through LinkedIn. Use the technology at your fingertips and your amazing social media skills, to create an impressive profile for prospective employers.

(GIPHY)

Rutgers Handshake

Many universities offer a university career service portal. At Rutgers we use Handshake. Handshake is the one place for student alumni and students to bolster their resume by applying for numerous job opportunities. One of the benefits of using a university career portal is that you already have something to talk about with employers — your university! A university career portal also connects you to jobs that are targeted for college students, whether it’s entry-level jobs or programs designated for university students. It is important to be cognizant of the resources available to you from the different departments of your university and to take advantage of such resources.

(GIPHY)

College Grad

This website is designed solely for college graduates. It is comprised on entry-level jobs that will be perfect for getting a head start in your field. College Grad helps connect you to employers that are targeting entry-level employees. You can also get help and tips for resumes, job interviewing skills, and salaries. This is perfect for any college student or recent graduate!

(GIPHY)

ZipRecruiter

The amazing thing about ZipRecruiter is that you can apply for jobs straight from your phone! Once you download the app and create a profile, you browse through millions of jobs while on your daily commute to and from class. (Don’t do it during class — pay attention!) ZipRecruiter also has an “Apply With One Tap” feature that allows you simply click “apply now” and boom you’ve applied. Now instead of browsing social media when you’re bored, try using your time productively and apply to the many jobs that are waiting to hire you.

(Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash)

While job searching can be overwhelming, there are many resources available to help ease the transition. One of the best advantages of the internet is its ability to make our lives so much easier. Make your life easier by applying for jobs online. Happy Job Hunting, Boss Girls!  

(GIPHY)

Hannah Javed

Rutgers '19

Senior Editor at Her Campus Rutgers with a love for salads, pizza and bright lights.