This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Have you seen those TikToks, Instagram posts, and Pinterest pictures about being an “It” girl? What does it mean to be an “It” girl? It means having your life together. I know not everyone has their life together all the time. While not everyone’s life looks like a Pinterest board, we can create these small healthy habits that make us feel more put together and 10x more productive every day. Here are some of the best habits of these iconic social media “It” girls!

1. Getting Enough Sleep 

To get more sleep, find a time at night you know you can go to bed and be consistent with it. Turn your phone off 30 minutes before you go to bed and try doing an off-screen activity like reading a book or meditating. This will help give your eyes a break. The next morning, when you wake up, remember not to go on your phone first thing. Instead, try stretching, sitting in peace before you start your day, or journaling your goals for the day and write affirmations. This really sets the tone for the day and reinforces positive thoughts into your head first thing in the morning. 

2. Journaling

Journaling can be anything such as writing a to-do list, your goals, or positive quotes. This can help train your mind to have a set goal, getting you in the process of thinking through how to achieve it and tracking the progress.

3. Stay Hydrated 

Drink water! Hydrating is so important to help wake your body up—even better than coffee or matcha! I suggest drinking cold water and adding lemon. Lemon water has many benefits, such as releasing toxins from your body, clearing up skin, and keeping you awake. After you do these key steps (in any order), get ready for the day! Do your usual morning steps such as going to the bathroom, eating breakfast, etc.  

4. Exercise! 

If you can, try to get some exercise in the morning. For example, you can go for a walk, go to the gym, or do yoga. Exercising in the morning has many benefits, such as an increase in focus, energy, and productivity throughout the day. 

Doing one of these small healthy habits can lead you to success in becoming the happiest, successful, and productive you! These are the steps to self-care, and feel free to add your own twist to them.

Saee Purohit

Rutgers '25

Hi! My name is Saee Purohit, I am a student at Rutgers University-New Brunswick.I am so excited to be part of this welcoming community, creating content and being involved in this club’s opportunities!