timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Rutgers Galentine’s Day Events for You and Your Gal Pals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

It’s 2019 and this year, Valentine’s Day is not just about celebrating with your significant other. It’s also about spreading the love by spending time with your gal pals too. If you’re looking for something to do in the coming weeks for Valentine’s Day (aka Galentine’s Day), here are some events you could check out!

Monday, February 4

Not really into the love aspect of Valentine’s Day? How about an escape room where you try to solve puzzles to escape a “house of Valentine’s Day horrors”? Hosted by Leadership and Experiential Learning, this is a really unique and fun event where you and your friends can work together to think creatively. I’ve done escape rooms in the past, and no matter whether you escape or not, it’ll definitely bring you and your gal pals closer.

Wednesday, February 6

Following the gore theme, Rutgers Cinema will be hosting a free advanced screening of the movie “Happy Death Day 2U”. If you don’t know the movie, it’s about a college student who gets murdered, but wakes up the next day reliving that same day over and over again. If you and your gal pals love horror movies, this would be a really cool movie to watch. It’s free admission as well!

Saturday, February 9

Self-care is important, which is why Rutgers CSO is hosting a Saturday Self-Care event on Busch where you can learn ways to treat yourself! With aromatherapy, slime, bullet journals and a candy bar, this would be a really cute way to show love for yourself and your friends.

Wednesday, February 13

Edible arrangements are super cute… almost too cute to eat, honestly. If you want to make your own, check out RUPA’s DIY Edible Arrangements event at the Douglass Student Center, where you can make and take home your very own edible creation. Whether you make it for yourself or a special someone, this is still a fun (and yummy) event you can go to with friends.

That same day, you could also go to the Galentine’s Day party at the Yard, where you can enjoy free spa services, heart-shaped Krispy’s Pizza, a photobooth, candy and free goodies from campus representatives! Definitely stop by with your gal pals to treat yourself and celebrate the love.

Rutgers has so many different events going on, it’s impossible to not find something that’ll interest you and your friends. Galentine’s Day is important, and you should definitely take the time to check out one of the above events to show your girls you love them too.

Hey, my name is Catherine Nguyen and I'm an undergraduate student at RU-New Brunswick! I'm planning on double majoring in English and actuarial mathematics. I love 90's hip hop, pineapple pizza and reading.