This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

There’s nothing better than some sweet treats to start off the semester! Apple, pumpkin, maple, and cinnamon flavors are making their annual comeback. With autumn in full swing, here are some delicious desserts to eat with your morning coffee:

Mini Apple Cheesecakes

Being one of the youngest in a big family has several benefits, but one of them is definitely having delicious food cooked for you all the time. My family’s most celebrated holidays have always been Thanksgiving and Christmas, and with that comes loads of festive treats. My cousin’s mini apple cheesecakes are my personal favorite, and to my surprise, they are very easy to make! In just one hour, you have the perfect treat that brings all the best fall flavors into one bite. If you’re just as eager as I am to indulge in them this season, check out the recipe here!

Apple Pie

Many may know the phrase, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away,” so imagine what an apple pie can do! Apple pie is a popular autumn dessert enjoyed by many Americans. Every ingredient that goes into an apple pie comes from different parts of the world! Did you know that apples originated from England? Fun fact, apple trees are non-native to North America! They were first introduced to America when the Europeans arrived. The wheat that goes into apple pies originated in the Middle East. Iconic fall spices like cinnamon and nutmeg are native to countries such as Sri Lanka and Indonesia. Apple pie is a melting pot of unique cultures and counties and a staple dessert during fall in the US.

Pumpkin Loaf

It’s almost pumpkin season! One of my favorite snacks is the iconic pumpkin loaf. The pumpkin loaf is a simple bread consisting of flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and of course, pumpkin! Pumpkins are surprisingly nutritious, containing high levels of vitamin A and antioxidants. They are also high in fiber, potassium, and vitamin C, which can promote heart health. Indulge in some healthy pumpkin snacks this fall!

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
@inbloombakery

Pumpkin cheesecake cookies! 🤩 Y’all these are a 20/10. Dry your pumpkin & weigh your flour for perfect #pumpkincookies 🧡 #cheesecakecookies #pumpkinspice #pumpkinseason #pumpkinlove #pumpkinrecipes

♬ Hocus Pocus – Winifred Atwell

Pumpkin Spice cookies are an easy and quick recipe for pumpkin spice lovers everywhere! These cookies are simple to make at home and taste like fall with every bite! Tiktok user Ginny @inbloombakery makes amazing elevated dessert recipes for home bakers. In her recent tiktok, she made these delicious pumpkin cheesecake cookies perfect for any occasion. This recipe has inspired bakers all over to take their own spin on the cookies. Check out Ginny’s amazing recipes here

There are so many delicious baked goods to try this autumn! Bake some cozy fall desserts to warm you up during the cool fall weather!

Lily Huang

Rutgers '23

Lily Huang is a senior attending Rutgers University-New Brunswick. She is currently majoring in Cultural Anthropology. In her free time, she loves cooking, painting, and playing with her cats.
Samantha Fornini is a sophomore at Rutgers University majoring in Linguistics with a minor in Cognitive Science. On her free time she enjoys reading, hanging with friends, and running!
Hey everyone, my name is Nim and I a first year student at RU! My intended major is CBN on a pre-med track. I love binge-watching Netflix, reading novels, & trying new things :)
Alison Werdin

Rutgers '26

Alison Werdin is a freshman at Rutgers University. During her free time, she likes to watch movies, enjoys the outdoors, listens to music, and makes art.