This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Meal swipes, depending on the campus you’re on, can either be extremely limiting or give you a myriad of options. Either way, this may be the best semester thus far to have a meal plan of any kind. Newly added to the list of places on campus that take meal swipes are Henry’s Diner, the Starbucks truck, and the Harvest Cafe! With these options, you can get your morning caffeine fix and a step-up dinner in comparison to the dining hall. We’ve also included one more special location that we didn’t highlight in our last article on meal swipes!

Henry’s Dinner

Now that Henry’s Diner has been added to the meal swipes list it has become hard to resist. It will become your favorite food spot on campus once you order a milkshake! With so many different food options it is always so hard to decide what to order. I was stuck between the nachos and chicken parmesan. The choice I made was nachos and they were really good!  One meal swipe is equivalent to $10 which means you can get just about anything! Next time you’re on Livingston stop by. Henry’s Diner could be a quick lunch run or become a date night for you and your S.O. with such a great diner ambiance at night. Share a booth and a milkshake at Henry’s Diner!

Starbucks Truck

Have you ever walked out of class and suddenly saw a line of students? Well, if you’re late to the news, the Starbucks Truck now accepts meal swipes! With a meal swipe you are able to get both a food item and a drink depending on the size. The Starbucks Truck, which is on a different campus every day of the week (follow @Rustartruck on Twitter to keep up with its location), always has a line of students waiting to satisfy their daily Starbucks needs. Want to beat the crowd and get more attention when it comes to your order? Get there as soon as it opens at 10 a.m. It’s a little more work getting up early in the morning just for your Starbucks fix, but who honestly likes waiting in a line?  

Harvest IFNH (Institute for Food, Nutrition, and Health)

The Harvest is just another great place to use your meal swipes on the Cook/Douglass campus.The staff are friendly, the atmosphere is great, and it’s located in the same building (the Food Science and Nutritional Sciences Building West) as the Cook/Douglass Telepharmacy. The menu here focuses on creating delicious meals without the help of additives, chemicals, sugars, and artificial enhancers. Apparently, they’re a little particular about when you use your meal swipes and on what, but it’s definitely worth it for food that is prepared by classically trained chefs with the best ingredients.

The Rutgers Club

Now located on the second floor of the Livingston Dining Commons, students can now enjoy a buffet-style dinner at the Rutgers Club every Monday and Thursday (Student Night). It does cost an additional $2, but considering how you have access to an endless assortment of soups, salads, and dessert prepared by talented chefs how can you not try it out? You can also use your guest swipe! Reservations are required though. Click this link for more information.

Valentina is a business student with an open mind for all things creative and innovative. She knows the real-life struggles but maintains an idealist view. She can easily be entertained on a spectrum of Gossip Girl to House of Cards with Portlandia in between.
Alexis Martin

Rutgers '19

Blogger Babe + Owl Lover. Currently a senior at Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. Things I love more than HC... brunch, planning, the city, and of course Netflix! I also have a blog over at www.alexishoots.com! Go check it out if you loved this article!  
Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).