This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Taylor Swift’s fifth album “1989” released Monday, Oct. 27 at midnight on iTunes and the following morning in-store. 

Displayed are two types of “1989”; the standard CD with all 16 songs, and the deluxe CD with 16 original songs, 3 additional songs and 3 voice memos. As well as 13 polaroid’s of Taylor Swift with lyrics written on them. 

The deluxe also features a special code for the chance to meet Taylor Swift. The deluxe package is available at participating Target stores only. 

Swift announced her emergence into Pop with her single “Shake it Off” bidding farewell to her country music days.  The second track released from “1989” was Out of the Woods.  Swift clarified on Twitter that the track was not her next single, and it was only revealed ahead of the album’s release because it “best represents #1989.” 

Following “Out of the Woods” was “Welcome to New York” that received negative reviews for “misrepresenting New York City” as some critics had said. 

The soft, beautiful country songs are now gone, and while many will miss them, Swift has impressed many with her new career in Pop music. 

My personal favorite is “Out of the Woods” and “Bad Blood.” If you read the Rolling Stones interview, Out of the Woods is based off of Harry Styles and Bad Blood is based off of Katy Perry (supposedly). 

When asked what her favorite lyric in 1989 was, Swift answered “When I was drowning that was when I could finally breathe” from “Clean.” 

What’s your favorite T. Swift lyric? Tweet it or post it on social media and make sure to add #HerCampusRowan 

Jaymilynn, also known as Jaymi, is a 4th year Senior at Rowan University. She is currently studying for her Bachelors in Public Relations, and is pursuing a minor in Advertising and Journalism. She is also pursuing a concentration in Creative Writing. Jaymi hails from the small Mom-And-Pop town of Galloway, New Jersey. She is a member of Rowan's PRSSA. Jaymi is also a staff writer for the on-campus school newspaper, The Whit. With big dreams of being a novelist someday, Jaymi spends a majority of her time reading books and working on writing a book series of her own. To friends she is known to be a bit cynical, but loveable as well. A Mac'N Cheese fanatic, faithful Yoga attendee, and an extreme chocolate lover! She's a wide-eyed girl ready to take on the world one sarcastic comment at a time!