This summer’s newest hairstyle trend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

The braid 

Braided hair has been making its way back ever since Jennifer Lawrence began the trend when she potrayed Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games, but there are different types of braided hair aside from Katniss. Braiding hair is an easy (after much practice) routine that can make your hair look classic, sexy, fun or messy. Here are some other braids to try out for the summer!

The Fishtail Braid- for a classy yet simple look. 

The French-Fishtail Braid- for an elegant look

The Messy-Side Braid- for a carefree and sexy look. 

The Waterfall braid- for a carefree and simple look

Jaymilynn, also known as Jaymi, is a 4th year Senior at Rowan University. She is currently studying for her Bachelors in Public Relations, and is pursuing a minor in Advertising and Journalism. She is also pursuing a concentration in Creative Writing. Jaymi hails from the small Mom-And-Pop town of Galloway, New Jersey. She is a member of Rowan's PRSSA. Jaymi is also a staff writer for the on-campus school newspaper, The Whit. With big dreams of being a novelist someday, Jaymi spends a majority of her time reading books and working on writing a book series of her own. To friends she is known to be a bit cynical, but loveable as well. A Mac'N Cheese fanatic, faithful Yoga attendee, and an extreme chocolate lover! She's a wide-eyed girl ready to take on the world one sarcastic comment at a time!