Post-Grad: The Highs and Lows of Graduating from College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

The tassel was worth the hassel! Graduation is coming, and you could not be more nervous and panicking about life as an adult! Here are some basic thoughts all seniors have during the final weeks of graduation (and afterwards!)

When you are scheduled for a job interview:

A week has gone by since your interview, and you have yet to receive an email from the employer:

Your mother tries to soothe your worries of not getting a job immediately after graduating, but you are not in the mood for a pep talk.

So you break open a bottle of wine and face your misery head-on:

While in your misery, you begin to reflect on all your college memories and realize that graduation is coming and you will have to say goodbye to it all:

And the breakdown begins….

PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER! Nothing lasts forever, and those four years (or more) spent in college has lead you to this precise moment. There is no backing down. YOU GOT THIS.

The important thing to remember in all of this is that graduation is a right of passage. It is a pivotal moment in your life when you are no longer reliant on your parents. You are emerging into adulthood and are ready to show the world just what you are made of. All those late nights studying, all those research papers, all those classes will finally pay off. You will find a job in time, and while it may not be your dream job, it is the job that will get you started. So do not see graduation as the ending of a chapter, but as the beginning of your new life. And rember….

Jaymilynn, also known as Jaymi, is a 4th year Senior at Rowan University. She is currently studying for her Bachelors in Public Relations, and is pursuing a minor in Advertising and Journalism. She is also pursuing a concentration in Creative Writing. Jaymi hails from the small Mom-And-Pop town of Galloway, New Jersey. She is a member of Rowan's PRSSA. Jaymi is also a staff writer for the on-campus school newspaper, The Whit. With big dreams of being a novelist someday, Jaymi spends a majority of her time reading books and working on writing a book series of her own. To friends she is known to be a bit cynical, but loveable as well. A Mac'N Cheese fanatic, faithful Yoga attendee, and an extreme chocolate lover! She's a wide-eyed girl ready to take on the world one sarcastic comment at a time!